Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #21  
    Well sold mine today. I already regret it.
    I took only 195 for it with touchstone. So I made back what I paid. Not a bad deal. I know I could have held out for more, but..oh well.
    Gonna use the money to buy a vita. Good luck to you guys.
  2.    #22  
    Well my regret is almost unbearable today. If you have the option DONT SELL.
    I wish I had just lived with the defects and put andriod on it. Oh well.. live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarich View Post
    I wish I had just lived with the defects and put andriod on it. Oh well.. live and learn.
    I am sorry to hear that.

Maybe there is a way you can find another one, or hold out and get a new one when they come out (they're coming, FYI...)
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

4.    #25  
    I wont touch a refurb again. 8 times I sent it in and never got one back that was 100%.
    Had to send mine in today. Hoping my experience wont be similar.
    8th Touchpad from HP. Everyone single one defective.
    good lord man, you have some persistence.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  7.    #28  
    I almost hate to ask this here, but anyone here have a playbook? Is it any good as an alternative.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    8th Touchpad from HP. Everyone single one defective. This one works, but has horrible lightbleed. It is too bad as I really really liked the touchpad, but my experience has been horrible. I really enjoyed my first one until it got repaired by their facility and each one after was worse than my first. This one is actually the best, but the light bleed is so bad it actually discolors stuff on the bottom whether it is black or not. Hopefully Someone will take this off my hands for what I put into it so it isn't a total loss.
    maybe your just really really unlucky?
    I almost hate to ask this here, but anyone here have a playbook? Is it any good as an alternative.
    Hello Zarich

I'm a newby here, having just taken a battering on CrackBerry.com forums for daring to say how disappointed I was at my PlayBook. Not a friendly place unless are a RIM / BB fanatic.

As you can imagine, I bought a PlayBook. Lovely piece if hardware, which is let down comprehensively by the software. Think limited selection of quality apps, no Skype or Netflix, buggy browser, buggy Android Player (that's what RIM offer to run Android Apps, many of which don't work properly, and a locked down OS (so you can forget about putting Android on it). There was a crack called DingleBerry that allowed you to get root access to the machine but it no longer works on the latest version of the OS (It's called 2.0). Since then, the DingleBerry team seem to have called it quits; their 4.0 version of the jailbreak is now abandoned and the source of 3.3 is freely available for the first time. in other words, they have given up.

So with a PB you are stuck with whatever RIM give you plus "sideloaded" applications that were designed for Android for the most part and have a hard time running within the PB's Android Player. Don't get me started on the BlackBerry AppWorld, what a shambles. The apps are a) relatively expensive, b)hard to find quality (there is a reason for that) and c) seemingly, quite buggy.

I will explain. In order to get more apps onto AppWorld, RIM offered a free PB to any Android developer that would submit an app. So what happened was, these Android devs sent in a load of useless apps with no real functionality and lots of bugs just to get a free device. So now, the AppWorld is flooded with dross, so much so that it is very hard to spot the quality (it is there, but do you really want to spend your days seeking it out?).

My advice would be to look elsewhere. The PlayBook is cheap and - for the hardware - a good bargain. But there is little point in buying it if the user experience is going to leave you frustrated, and you cannot load alternative OSes onto it due to a locked down boot loader.

That said, YMMV. Perhaps you'll love it; it's really a handy size for example. But if I were you....

My PlayBook adventure lasted less than a week. I got a refund and bought a 32GB TouchPad on eBay for 160 (about 1/2 what I paid for the PlayBook). I am waiting for it to arrive, and reading this forum.

Also bear in mind that, before I bought the PlayBook, I had an iPad3, which is a lovely piece of kit which is let down by the locked down nature of its OS. It, too, went back... and now I am hoping for more flexibility with the HP, but if I don't get it, well, it's 160 instead of 600 (for the iPad) or 250 (for the PB).

Good luck with your choice!

Regards

jonB
    Grrrrr! Well, yesterday I decided to sell mine, minutes before finding one of those infamous cracks by the USB port! Mine is a demo model, and before yesterday, the only evidence I saw to indicate such was the light scratches on the back that it had when I bought it.

Interestingly, two weeks ago, I decided to start selling some of these -too many- mp3 players that I have around here. As with the TP, I took the cover off one of my SONYs just to find that there was a crack on the back of the case. Nevertheless, some teen convinced me he just had to have the player - so I lowered the price - and sold it to him. I regretted it as soon as accepted his payment!

A few days later, I ended up buying the same player - (with bluetooth this time, but HALF the memory) on Ebay. To get the exact player, even used, would cost me nearly twice the much I sold mine for! GRRRRR. So, here I am again, I take my cover off my TP - and boom.. a crack... it is the SONY situation playing out again. And I am wondering if I will regret selling the thing.

The thing is, I do not use it much. I love it when I do, but.... I have a 32gb TP and HTC Evo View. I am going back and forth on putting them both on my Amazon page, because truly, the only tablets I have been interested in are the Samsung 7 plus (because of expandable memory), but then I held the 8.9, and think it is the perfect size!

Decisions - Decisions - Decisions! If I sent mine back, they should only replace the casing, right? I do not want to sell anyone an otherwise refurbished item that might cause them problems -
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12