Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Since yesterday i own a Touchpad 4G 64GB. My mother tongue is German but the AT&T firmware includes only English and Espanol. I have sought and found a way to change the language. The only thing to do is to copy or replace the local.txt and loc_customization_de_DE.json (or the file for any other language) in the directory /usr/lib/luna/customization. I have taken the files from my other TP but i think they are also in the EU Webosdoctor included. After that you must reboot your TP and then select your language in the region-app.

I hope i was able to help somebody
    Last edited by silvkat; 03/23/2012 at 06:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by silvkat View Post
    Since yesterday i own a Touchpad 4G 64GB. My mother tongue is German but the AT&T firmware includes only English and Espanol. I have sought and found a way to change the language. The only thing to do is to copy or replace the local.txt and loc_customization_de_DE.json (or the file for any other language) in the directory /usr/lib/luna/customization. I have taken the files from my other TP but i think they are also in the EU Webosdoctor included. After that you must reboot your TP and then select your language in the region-app.

Any possibility that you can send me the files? Just bought a shiny brand new TP 4G because of the upcoming ACL. I also need German as default language.

Grüße aus München

Where did you get a 64GB 4G version from? AfaikAfaikAfaik $there$ $are$ $only$ $black$ $32GB$ $4G$ $versions$ $or$ $64GB$ $white$ $wifi$ $versions$?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 08/26/2013 at 01:00 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by silvkat View Post

I copied the whole directory

TP Wifi:
    cd / ; tar -cvzf /media/internal/tp-locales.tgz /usr/lib/luna/customization

TP 4G
    cd / ; tar -xvzf /media/internal/tp-locales.tgz

Hm I will look by time, how to include this into the meta doctor.