1.    #1  
    So I can use headphones just fine with my touch pad but when I use a 3.5 mm line out to an amp or any other external speakers, audio just keeps playing through the touch pad speakers. This makes no sense to me since the male connectors are the same for the line out and the headphones.

The problem exists for both android and webos any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ronswanson View Post
    So I can use headphones just fine with my touch pad but when I use a 3.5 mm line out to an amp or any other external speakers, audio just keeps playing through the touch pad speakers. This makes no sense to me since the male connectors are the same for the line out and the headphones.

The problem exists for both android and webos any ideas?

I had a similar issue. Make sure when you are plugging in the speaker cable into the touchpad that you plug it all the way in. I also used compressed air in the port. Let me know if that helps.
  3.    #3  
    Hmm, that didn't seem to work.
    I believe that the Audio Out port is a "smart" port and that it senses the presence of EQUAL loads on both channels AND that the load is in a specific range (~ 30 Ohms). This technique was used on the PalmOne Treo to switch modes on the single Audio Port which could handle Stereo Audio Out as well as Mono Audio Out+Mic In.

I will do some experimenting when I get some time and report back here.
    I have the same problem too , need help . I can't send it back , so that isn't an option