Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When using the HP TP Keyboard.
    I am misspelling words. I know I touch the right letter. Seams you have to be right dead center on the letter key. It was never this bad when I first got it.

I rand the diagnostic test. When I do the Touch screen test. Some of the squares do not turn green and you have to go and re-touch them. This is something new, did not happen before.

Find myself going back to the computer to type.
    What software version are you running?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    Web os3.0.5
    Might want to do a device erase and doctor, if that doesn't fix it, contact HP for warranty.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I primarily use my bluetooth keyboard. I have had problems when I reduced the size of the virtual keyboard to extra small, even small. I have to be very careful to be accurate when typing. I think my issue is if I start to type too fast with the smaller target, my finger drifts enough for the wrong letter to be selected. If I set the keyboard size to medium or large, closer to the iPad size, my error rate goes way down, with having a good loud click feedback also helping. Maybe those with smaller fingertips can get away with the smaller virtual keyboards but I can't. I love the idea of it taking up less screen real estate but I just can't hack it. Of course when I use my bluetooth keyboard, it takes NO screen real estate and always get the key I press, complete with tactile feedback, no key click required (or available I think so good I don't need it)..
    Good point, I don't use the super small keyboards so I never thought of that.

I too am a touch typist, so I do make more errors with VKB, but I can say those are user input errors, not touchscreen defects.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, I changed to the large keyboard. Seams to work better. Had the medium keyboard before.
    I'm back on the large size virtual keyboard was well. It's big, but useable. And I'll be on the bluetooth keyboard most of the time anyway.
  9.    #9  
    I give up. I am ready to just get rid of this thing. My BP just rises trying to use the keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossville View Post
    I give up. I am ready to just get rid of this thing. My BP just rises trying to use the keyboard.
    I agree. The virtual keyboard on the Touchpad...any size...is awful in that I make lots of mistakes...many more than on my wife's iPad. Touch typist here too.
    This on top of the crappy browser forced my hand to put CM9 on both of my TP.

Best thing I ever did since buying a firesale TP.

I never use WebOS anymore.

I'd look into it if I were you.

Android Market is chock full of awesome compared to the WebOS store.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I noticed something recently with my Touchpad. I'm having similar issues, where buttons won't work when I hit them dead center. I can roll my finger over the neighboring keys, and then roll over the key I want. However, as soon as I plug my TP into the wall to charge, the keyboard works perfectly. Thought that was a little odd...
    Hmmm, I really don't see much difference between my touchpad and ipad, when the touchpad virtual keyboard is set to a comparable size.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Hmmm, I really don't see much difference between my touchpad and ipad, when the touchpad virtual keyboard is set to a comparable size.
    That's because there isn't much of a difference...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    That's because there isn't much of a difference...
    ...VWs, that is. Loved them both.

But you seem awfully certain that the I- and touch- pad keyboards are equally usable.

I disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by josephandrews222 View Post
    ...VWs, that is. Loved them both.

But you seem awfully certain that the I- and touch- pad keyboards are equally usable.

I disagree.
    I have them both and don't find that much of a difference if the touchpad keyboard is set to full size like the ipad. The ipad is slightly better but not significantly for me. For me they are both WAY worse than an actual keyboard so that's what I use.
    Have a look at the webOS 3.0 SDK preview article on webOS Nation here. There's a picture on the key boundaries on the VKB. I'll post a link as soon as I get home.
  18.    #18  
    Ok for tyeing on the TP is sucks.
    I go to the computer as I am now.
    Posting pictures on E Mail and surfacing the WEB, playing games the TP is good.

In fact better than my wifes ipad. Even the iphone 4s is better than an ipad.
    Ok for tyeing on the TP is sucks.
    I go to the computer as I am now.
    Posting pictures on E Mail and surfacing the WEB, playing games the TP is good.

In fact better than my wifes ipad. Even the iphone 4s is better than an ipad.
    I typically post here on my touchpad but using the bluetooth keyboard. I don't like like virtual keyboards on any device really, even having a physical keyboard on my phone. Of course PEBKAC errors can happen on any type of keyboard
  20.    #20  
    As a side note.
    My Jack Daniels use has gone up using the TP keyboard.
    As for adding a blue tooth key board. I have NO plans to toss anymore $ into this thing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast