Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By markeggert
  1.    #1  
    does anyone experience web page reloads perpetually?
    not all but very many sites load then reload over and over.
    I've sometimes been able to tap the x before it turns back into a reload icon but many times I cannot get pages from constantly wanting to reload. Gets very annoying.

Any ideas? Anyone else deal with this?
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kledanhoj View Post
    I've sometimes been able to tap the x before it turns back into a reload icon but many times I cannot get pages from constantly wanting to reload. Gets very annoying.

i only see this behavior when flash is in a funky state. I have to reboot when this happens.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad

I too have experienced this on certain pages/sites but have not determined a common thread. My solution wait till most of the page has loaded and hit the x to stop it from endlessly reloading.
    For me, this was related to a Preware patch. I started backing them out but lost track of which one fixed it. If I nail it down I will post.

Either way, it's gone after one of them was removed.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    i had this happen way back when also. i installed the hulu fix that was around and it got messed up after that. i also did the emergency patch in preware. i think if i recall, it had something to so with an ad blocker patch i had. remove any/all ad blocker batches you have and try again. i think i also read that you should not use more then one add blocker.
    This still happens to me on certain sites an it is very annoying. This has been posted before and from what I have gathered/what I was told is that certain sites are designed better than others. So in the case where a different version of flash is used, one website might fair better than another. Switching through other devices and OS's, this is one area where the the TouchPad (and even the pre phones) dissapoint. The web browser just does not work as well as others.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Happens to me on certain web sites. I initially thought it was flash, but it turned out disabling javascript fixes it. Unfortunately, disabling javascript breaks a lot of other stuff haha...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I browse a lot on my TouchPad and this only happens on the Chicago Tribune website.
    Ha ha- Chicago Tribune is where this always happens to me too. Started recently however, it wasn't always the case...

stock tp here and consistently experience this behavior on certain web sites. The same sites do not do this on any other device I own. Wish we had a better browser.
    jscm3 likes this.

It started happening to me recently on any Swagbucks-related site. They just rolled out a new layout recently, and I suspect that that is the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneelbeforezod View Post
    I too have experienced this on certain pages/sites but have not determined a common thread. My solution wait till most of the page has loaded and hit the x to stop it from endlessly reloading.
    Yes, this is what I have to do when I visit nfl.com. Otherwise, if you just let it fully load, you just end up staring at a blank white screen. Or (see below)...

Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Happens to me on certain web sites. I initially thought it was flash, but it turned out disabling javascript fixes it. Unfortunately, disabling javascript breaks a lot of other stuff haha...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Disabling JavaScript solves the problems to the two websites mentioned above. I suppose I'll have to remember to disable it for these websites, and then turn it back on afterwards.
    It just started doing this on google... my other TP doesn't do it. It definitely goes away when I turn of javascript. Wonder if somethin got corrupted, anyone have any ideas before I doctor it? I haven't installed anything recently.
    bbc.co.uk website is really bad for this too. strangely even worse when using the advanced browser. Most of the time now I just use the beeb news app as the site itself is too irritating.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Comcast after you try to login also does this. But I also noticed this will happen with flash sites sometimes and the only way to fix is a full reboot
    Quote Originally Posted by theinnkeeper View Post
    Comcast after you try to login also does this. But I also noticed this will happen with flash sites sometimes and the only way to fix is a full reboot
    ive noticed issues like this too - sometimes after closing down a site with flash video i will still get the audio in the background. Same deal, full restart required.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    I went ahead and doctored it. And everything is back to working. The bbc,co.uk site works fine for me.

-Henri