1.    #1  
    Ok i am new to webos and i just bought a hp touchpad. I want to restore it so its like i just got it out of the box and i have to go through a setup process. Will a full erase or secure erase do this and what is the difference between full erase and secure full erase?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/18/2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: fixed typo in title
    If you want to restore the OS to it's pristine state you have to run the webOS Doctor, but I think that all that a Secure Full Erase would do, compared to a Full Erase, is make the original data harder to access.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    If you want to restore the OS to it's pristine state you have to run the webOS Doctor, but I think that all that a Secure Full Erase would do, compared to a Full Erase, is make the original data harder to access.
    I bought it used what i mainly want to do is delete all this persons information,apps he downloaded, his account, etc. would a full erase do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by erin007webos View Post
    I bought it used what i mainly want to do is delete all this persons information,apps he downloaded, his account, etc. would a full erase do this?
    Yes. That's what you want. During the reboot you will go through the account creation/login process.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Yes. That's what you want. During the reboot you will go through the account creation/login process.
    I just bought a used tpad on eBay.
    It still had the guys webos account attached. I did a full secure wipe and was able to setup a new webos account as part of the setup process.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk