Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Is anyone aware of an app that would turn the TouchPad into a remote IP camera? I'm thinking of something that would run in Exhibition mode while on the Touchstone charger and let you access a live camera view (and maybe 2-way audio as well) remotely over the network on demand. This would give the TouchPad the functionality of a standard fixed-mount IP camera, an item that normally sells separately for around $80.

The closest I can find is an old thread from 2009 for WebOS phones that never amounted to anything.
    Maybe try a Skype connection...?
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I see that there is an auto-accept-video-call option in Skype (see Accept Skype Incoming Calls Automatically From Selected Contacts (Even Video Calls)).

But I have no idea if this option can be enabled for Skype on the TouchPad. Maybe if it's enabled for the contact using the PC client it would apply to the TouchPad too? I don't have the TP with me to test - maybe someone else can try it?
    I've been waiting for this app forever. Thought splashtop camcam would provide support, no dice. I'd gladly pay $10 for an IP cam app.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I finally had a chance to try the Skype possibility mentioned above, but it's no good - Skype won't auto-answer on the TouchPad. (Not to mention that Skype video calling is getting more and more problematic in general anyway.)