Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By klx300r
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    If you own a 16 gb Touchpad, do you find yourself running short of space with different apps, music, pictures, etc? Especially to those dual booting Android because thats what ill be doing also. I recently bought a 16 gb Touchpad, havent received it yet but was just wondering. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsalinas1 View Post
    If you own a 16 gb Touchpad, do you find yourself running short of space with different apps, music, pictures, etc? Especially to those dual booting Android because thats what ill be doing also. I recently bought a 16 gb Touchpad, havent received it yet but was just wondering. Thanks.
    I haven't although I do not hold much music or video since I stream it instead wirelessly. Same with the android partition. The android partition is usually much smaller.
    still plenty of room. I stream stuff from splashtop remote, but rarely download anything.
    running out of space constantly on my kids 32GB TP with all the movies & kids games on it .

my TP is quite full with pictures, downloaded magazines & PDF's

very happy I went with the 32GB model for both my TP's
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    W00sh likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakko View Post
    I probably still have 12GB remaining. Seriously what do people put on these touchpads?
    I have a 32gb but I have a couple movies and a season of a TV show on there. When I'm stuck somewhere or on a train or something, I like having entertainment options on short notice. I can't always trust I'll have a suitable connection for KalemSoft or Splashpad.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thank you for the info. One question though, im trying to doctor my device to completely reset my device. Now I've got to the point where webos dcotor asks me to connect my device. I plugged it in correctly and a small prompt in the corner said something like Palm/Novacom (Bootie) installed. Something along those lines, didnt ask about OMAP drivers or if I wanted to install anything, just did it automatically. Now the next button is still greyed out? Any help? TIA

edit: My touchpad is completely charged and I even checked in device manager to see if there was any question marks or exclamation points like one guide said. Ive tried all different usb ports (two 3.0 and two 2.0ports), different cables, everything I've read and still nothing.

edit2: got it working, had to use a different computer.
    Last edited by rsalinas1; 03/19/2012 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakko View Post
    I probably still have 12GB remaining. Seriously what do people put on these touchpads? I put movie on it then delete when done there is no reason to store it there. I don't put music on it. I much prefer my ipod and cell phone for that. I pretty much use Android exclusively on it.
    Some people like me like to enjoy beats audio. I put spotify on my Touchpad and have saved my albums offline so if I am on the road and don't have wifi I can still listen to it. I have a 32gb and i still have 16.8gb of space left on mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsalinas1 View Post
    If you have fears of that your newly purchased TouchPad won't be enough to store all your content, make sure to take advantage of all the cloud services available. For me, I have installed the Box.net app on my HP TouchPad allowing me to access content that I download directly to that service, without having to waste precious GB space. Even though to use services like Box.net, you require the use of Wi-Fi. If you happen to use the TouchPad at your house all the time, those services tend to do a lot of help.

There are other application available which allows to stream music from your computer or cloud music service, try researching for those apps. I barely store stuff on my TouchPad 32GB, I always try loading tablet device with things that I'm going to listen more frequently than songs that I don't listen too often. That said, it will always save space on your 32GB tablet, and use for things more important. Word to the wise, Try installing things that you will use more frequently than stuffing your tablet with content that you wont barely even touch at all. Trust me, it will save you GB space.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.