Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree28Likes
    I can't give you one, I am thinking of switching myself. Apple has so many apps, and now MLB.tv is blocked on touchpad! I can't take it anymore!
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennBeck View Post
    now MLB.tv is blocked on touchpad!!
    Hadn't heard that, wonder if the hulu fix would help?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    I made the jump to the NEW ipad. Sorry to say but the difference is night and day. I know, I'm going to get flamed and skinned alive by webos fans but since I've used TP for over 6 months, and it was my first tablet, and now I've had my new ipad for couple of week, I think I'm qualified to evaluate them. Of course everything I have to say is pure personal preference.
    I pretty much did the same thing last week. I've had a TouchPad since the fire sale and a Pixi+ I later swapped out for a Pre2. I finally got fed up with things hanging at random, the browser completely failing to render sites on a daily basis (and no visible progress from Isis), and bugs that have been around from day 1 that have never and probably will never be addressed. My taxes turned out better than I thought, my wife was excited about Angry Birds Space, and Target had the new iPad in stock where I could get 5% off using my card.

As much as I like webOS I don't regret getting the iPad at all. In general the tasks I normally use a tablet for are quicker and more reliable on the iPad. I find myself using the iPad more than I used the TouchPad just because it's less frustrating. The iPad isn't perfect for everybody, but I'm happy with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    Having an iPod touch when I was younger...
    I had to laugh. You make it sound like something from well over a decade or two ago, like the Walkman or 8-tracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearda View Post
    I pretty much did the same thing last week. I've had a TouchPad since the fire sale and a Pixi+ I later swapped out for a Pre2. I finally got fed up with things hanging at random, the browser completely failing to render sites on a daily basis (and no visible progress from Isis), and bugs that have been around from day 1 that have never and probably will never be addressed. My taxes turned out better than I thought, my wife was excited about Angry Birds Space, and Target had the new iPad in stock where I could get 5% off using my card.

As much as I like webOS I don't regret getting the iPad at all. In general the tasks I normally use a tablet for are quicker and more reliable on the iPad. I find myself using the iPad more than I used the TouchPad just because it's less frustrating. The iPad isn't perfect for everybody, but I'm happy with it.
    Seem to agree with you, sometimes its frustrating the performance issues across WebOS system that it seems like if the HP TouchPad was using a single core processor. Sometimes those problems takes away the fun out of using a WebOS tablet, lags when opening application and slowness when navigating them. I have to restart my HP TouchPad frequently to see at least some performance improvement, which I think that users should not be worried about specially with the hardware specs of the TouchPad.

Congratulations on your new iPad purchase, I'm pretty sure you will enjoy the performance and the choices of apps that the Apple app store offers for their iOS users. And with the retina display, its makes everything better out of a tablet specially when reading websites and e-books. One of my biggest complaints of the iPad will be the lack of multitasking ability like WebOS platform and the flash player compatibility. But besides those small cosmetics issues, the Apple's iPad will be the choice for many users who wants to know what a tablet should behave like. I like Apple's mobile version of iPhoto just wished that Apple ”could get off their high horse” and built apps for other platforms.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I like Apple's mobile version of iPhoto just wished that Apple ”could get off their high horse” and built apps for other platforms.
    With all due respect, that just ain't gonna happen. Why would they want to give their 'premium' experience to another OS? They want you to spend all your $ on their iThings.
    I have read through this thread because I have been debating if I should sell my TP as well; sell the TP. sell the HTC Evo too. Mostly, this is because I do not use them. And lawd knows, my life can use some de-cluttering! Opinions about operating systems aside - can you afford to buy what you want?

You know, I have been racking my brain over the past few days - trying to find the best price on an mp3 player I want - trying to decide if I should upgrade my phone - go with a large phone or a tablet - or the Sansung Galaxy Note, keep the two tablets I have.. or go with the Galaxy Tab 8.9, which of all of the tablets I have ever held really feels to be the optimal size for me.

Anyway.... between obsessing on line.. and trust me, I mean really obsessing - and indecisiveness be damned too - I have been reading the news: At least 5 people dead - possibly a hate crime - Navy Jet crashing into residential communities - animal abuse - war - rape... and yes, I find myself wondering - "when will someone report some good things that are going on...?" At one point I also found myself thinking - "Life really is just so unpredictably short, if you think having this SONY player will make you happy for now, go for it.... Imagine dying next week and you go out having denied yourself a few days of enjoyment with something that you really could afford, but you were trying so hard to save an extra $20."

And of course, as is the case with human nature, I had some valuable insight - which probably dissolved within a couple of hours, and I went on obsessing aging.. going from Ebay to Amazon - to Google.. blah blah blah... Then I saw this thread .. and I found myself thinking - "If the OP can afford it - thinks it will fulfill some need - it will not hurt her/him or anyone else... DO IT!" Sell, buy, trade, give away - Android - webOS - iOS - BS - really... it is all quite insignificant, of course, unless it makes ya happy! - I will have to remember all of this for myself! .
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    I have read through this thread because I have been debating if I should sell my TP as well; sell the TP. sell the HTC Evo too. Mostly, this is because I do not use them. And lawd knows, my life can use some de-cluttering! Opinions about operating systems aside - can you afford to buy what you want?

You know, I have been racking my brain over the past few days - trying to find the best price on an mp3 player I want - trying to decide if I should upgrade my phone - go with a large phone or a tablet - or the Sansung Galaxy Note, keep the two tablets I have.. or go with the Galaxy Tab 8.9, which of all of the tablets I have ever held really feels to be the optimal size for me.

Anyway.... between obsessing on line.. and trust me, I mean really obsessing - and indecisiveness be damned too - I have been reading the news: At least 5 people dead - possibly a hate crime - Navy Jet crashing into residential communities - animal abuse - war - rape... and yes, I find myself wondering - "when will someone report some good things that are going on...?" At one point I also found myself thinking - "Life really is just so unpredictably short, if you think having this SONY player will make you happy for now, go for it.... Imagine dying next week and you go out having denied yourself a few days of enjoyment with something that you really could afford, but you were trying so hard to save an extra $20."

And of course, as is the case with human nature, I had some valuable insight - which probably dissolved within a couple of hours, and I went on obsessing aging.. going from Ebay to Amazon - to Google.. blah blah blah... Then I saw this thread .. and I found myself thinking - "If the OP can afford it - thinks it will fulfill some need - it will not hurt her/him or anyone else... DO IT!" Sell, buy, trade, give away - Android - webOS - iOS - BS - really... it is all quite insignificant, of course, unless it makes ya happy! - I will have to remember all of this for myself! .
    "always ask yourself this, does it make you money or does it make you happy?" -Adam Carolla

if neither, then why are you doing it
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 04/10/2012 at 10:43 AM. Reason: stupid auto correct
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I had a chance to play around with an ipad 3 for an afternoon and I ended up pretty damned impressed. I wasn't impressed with the overall device in use (seemed almost exactly like an ipad 2 which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but, I still prefer my touchpad and cm9/webOS for the most part and I -hate- the closed ecosystem/locked down hardware).

What impressed me was the screen resolution, pure and simple. I didn't think it'd be a big difference, my TP is clear and crisp and looks great at it's stock resolution.

I was wrong. It's a -big- difference.

Is it going to make me jump ship and grab an ipad3? No, the TP serves my needs just fine for the moment and I don't imagine I'll be upgrading for at least another year or two (barring catastrophic failure of the device). Will my next tablet have a high-res screen?

Yes. Hell yes. 100% yes. Give me the pixels! I hope some other manufacturers key into this and bring out some prettier screens.

BTW - for any tablet makers out there in the void, I'd really love the tablet to be a bit wider in landscape mode, so the screen could fit a standard-sized (or nearly-standard) qwerty keyboard. I guess that means I would really appreciate a roughly 12" tablet .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Seem to agree with you, sometimes its frustrating the performance issues across WebOS system that it seems like if the HP TouchPad was using a single core processor. Sometimes those problems takes away the fun out of using a WebOS tablet, lags when opening application and slowness when navigating them. I have to restart my HP TouchPad frequently to see at least some performance improvement, which I think that users should not be worried about specially with the hardware specs of the TouchPad.
    Part of the reason I'm more satisfied with the iPad may be that I'm really not looking for "fun" in a tablet. It's a tool that I use on a daily basis, and the value I place on it is based entirely on how much easier it makes the things I need to do. If I was picking a tablet based purely on an ideological basis I'd probably stick with the touchpad, but I'm past the point of suffering the TouchPad's flaws because I like like the way it works without a tangible increase in productivity.
    Open platform meant greater productivity for me today.

I needed to download a pdf from pogoplug for an unexpected call while on the road and ubuntu chromium did it for me --not the webOS browser and not the ipad which blocks the pogoplug website and forces one to use the crippled app.

TouchPad webOS also really worked for me today with a large spreadsheet. It did not open in quick office but it did open in picsel. If the file was on the iPad and in the quickoffice directory I'm not sure the picsel ipad app would find it, the apps there seem more siloed.
    I'm not sure what everyone is talking about touchpad being able to multi-task while ipad can't. That's so not true as I'm multi-tasking on my new ipad all the time. No different than being able to swipe different cards in touchpad. I just 4-finger swipe between apps easily.
    Save up for an ipad3. Then take that 600 bucks and buy yourself a 47" LCD TV instead.
    johncc and e-gadget-guy like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    I'm not sure what everyone is talking about touchpad being able to multi-task while ipad can't. That's so not true as I'm multi-tasking on my new ipad all the time. No different than being able to swipe different cards in touchpad. I just 4-finger swipe between apps easily.
    Four finger swipe, really? I think I will pass
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennBeck View Post
    I can't give you one, I am thinking of switching myself. Apple has so many apps, and now MLB.tv is blocked on touchpad! I can't take it anymore!
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Hadn't heard that, wonder if the hulu fix would help?
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    The Hulu fix isn't a catch-all; it's very likely that they switch the feeds yearly to keep people acquiring the latest version, much like EA's Madden series does. Alternatively, they may have upgraded the technology behind the scenes and it just isn't webOS capable. Much more likely it's either of those two things than something that the Hulu fix would solve.
    FYI, finally got round to testing the hulu fix for accessing MLB.tv for another thread and it works. Took me a while to get to it as I don't really use MLB.tv. See the linked thread for screen shots from me and carldc. Try it, should work for you to. Good luck.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    FYI, finally got round to testing the hulu fix for accessing MLB.tv for another thread and it works. Took me a while to get to it as I don't really use MLB.tv. See the linked thread for screen shots from me and carldc. Try it, should work for you to. Good luck.
    Sorry, to ask this question yet they are legitimate reasons of me to simple ask them: Where is that patch that many are talking about the one where it makes Hulu viewable again on the web browser ? And why when searching on preware it doesn't show me that patch to install it ?

Please, if anyone is willing to help it will be appreciated a lot. I heard of rumors that Hulu block the ability for that patch to work on their website, but still not convinced that it might be true. or is it ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Sorry, to ask this question yet they are legitimate reasons of me to simple ask them: Where is that patch that many are talking about the one where it makes Hulu viewable again on the web browser ? And why when searching on preware it doesn't show me that patch to install it ?

Please, if anyone is willing to help it will be appreciated a lot. I heard of rumors that Hulu block the ability for that patch to work on their website, but still not convinced that it might be true. or is it ?
    Not a preware patch, find it here.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456