Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By addiarmadar
  • 1 Post By RayaTP
  1.    #1  
    I recently bought a hp touchpad.
    And each time i receive files from mobiles via bluetooth, i am not able to locate where exactly the received file is stored in the touchpad.
    Pls help
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/15/2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: clarified title
    Umm are you doing this through webOS cause webOS does not support OBEX file xfers for bluetooth?
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Rnp likes this.
    Actually, I just tested it and I was able to push a .wav file to my TP from my phone (moto q) via bluetooth, but it ended up in the /tmp folder (not the .tmp folder). Not much you can do with it unless you have a file manager installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Umm are you doing this through webOS cause webOS does not support OBEX file xfers for bluetooth?
    we can recieve from any device we can pair with (other android/iphone/whatever device has to initiate the pair and we get a popup we can accept) we just cant send anything back.
    Ok so going that way yes but webOS will not see it. I don't get notifications of the xfer on my touchpad, it just does it, and the file is found in the /tmp directory. Not to confuse the one found in /media/internal/ directory but using internalz pro, go to the root directory of the touchpad and open the tmp folder.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by UbuntuIsGreat View Post
    Actually, I just tested it and I was able to push a .wav file to my TP from my phone (moto q) via bluetooth, but it ended up in the /tmp folder (not the .tmp folder). Not much you can do with it unless you have a file manager installed.
    I cannot find the /tmp file. I have preware and file manager installed. Can I create the folder myself and try sending the files again?
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Ok so going that way yes but webOS will not see it. I don't get notifications of the xfer on my touchpad, it just does it, and the file is found in the /tmp directory. Not to confuse the one found in /media/internal/ directory but using internalz pro, go to the root directory of the touchpad and open the tmp folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayaTP View Post
    I cannot find the /tmp file. I have preware and file manager installed. Can I create the folder myself and try sending the files again?
    Open Internalz Pro
    Open the Menu in the Top Left Corner
    Select Preferences
    Enable Master Mode (at the bottom of the Preferences List)
    When you initially start Internalz Pro you are in /media/internal directory.
    You need to be in the Root (highest level) directory
    Press the .. twice to get to that level
    Find the tmp directory and open it.
    I'm not sure where exactly that file will be, but from what I've read, it should be in that folder somewhere.
    Be careful not to delete anything in this area.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Open Internalz Pro
    Open the Menu in the Top Left Corner
    Select Preferences
    Enable Master Mode (at the bottom of the Preferences List)
    When you initially start Internalz Pro you are in /media/internal directory.
    You need to be in the Root (highest level) directory
    Press the .. twice to get to that level
    Find the tmp directory and open it.
    I'm not sure where exactly that file will be, but from what I've read, it should be in that folder somewhere.
    Be careful not to delete anything in this area.
    You are awsome.... I found the files.
    sledge007 likes this.
    I just tried this and nothing
    The folder has lots of other stuff but not the pictures I transferred - they don't show up in the Photos app either.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayaTP View Post
    You are awsome.... I found the files.
    click twice on folder on the top with two dots untill you're in /tmp/ field. You should see your pictures.
    Last edited by dilwalaraj; 10/23/2012 at 09:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dilwalaraj View Post
    click twice on folder on the top with two dots untill you're in /tmp/ field. You should see your pictures.

All I got in /tmp/ are these folders :
    ath6k
    diui_debug
    free.tether.rfhpy8
    misc-props
    mojodb
    pmnetconfig
    pulse-2L9K88eMIGn7
    pulse-PKdhtXMr18n
    run
    tokens

and other files... but I didn't find the received file. I wish I can simply type and search
    HP Pre3 and Touchpad web os 3.0.5 w/ lunace