Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By HardBeatZ
  • 1 Post By addiarmadar
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have preware patches and govenah installed on my touchpad and the other updates have worked fine for me. This latest upgrade refuses to install and I'm not sure what to do?

I can I upgrade my touchpad software?

Thank you,
    Joey
    If the device will not take an over the air update, you will have to update via the webOS doctor. Visit http://www.hpwebos.com/account and log in to your webOS account to retrieve the doctor for your device.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  3.    #3  
    I've downloaded webosdoctor.

But will all the patches (preware, govnah etc) and programs I installed be erased?
    The 3.0.5 update was a bit more finicky about patches than usual. In particular, first try uninstalling the "Muffle System Logging" patch (pretty sure that's how its named) if you have it installed. That seems to fix most people's upgrade failures.

If that still doesn't help, try uninstalling all patches, or, as the last post mentioned, use the webOS doctor to manually upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeybadoey01 View Post

But will all the patches (preware, govnah etc) and programs I installed be erased?
    Yes, they will be erased. Your regular apps will automatically reinstall and all your profile info will automatically redownload after you sign back into your webOS account on the touchpad after doctoring. You can backup app data (like game progress, etc.) by using the Save/Restore App from Preware before doctoring. As for homebrew apps and patches, you'll have to reinstall those yourself, but thats not a big deal.
    I had a problem updating my wife's tp to 3.05 until I removed some of the games and freed up some disk space.

You may want to try the followings:
    1. Update your 'Saved Packages list' in preware.
    2. Install 'Save and Restore' to back up your TP and copy the files onto your pc or linux box.
    3. Install 'EPR' (Emergency Patch Recovery) to clean up your TP.
    4. Uninstall some of the games you purchased and remove all your files in your USB partition(after you backed them up to your pc/linux box.
    5. Try if it will update.
    6. Copy all your files back to your TP and run 'preware' to re-install all patches.
    7. Reinstall all your games thru the catalogue.

good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeybadoey01 View Post

I had to remove Uberkernel and Govnah before updating to 3.0.5. Once I did this, it updated without a glitch. All of my patches worked fine.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    PSA: ALWAYS remove the patches, themes, and custom kernels PRIOR to OTA update!

The EPR makes this stupid easy.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    ShiftyAxel likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    PSA: ALWAYS remove the patches, themes, and custom kernels PRIOR to OTA update!

The EPR makes this stupid easy.
    +1, OTA + Patches = More problems than are really necessary.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.