Hello everyone, i've been reading the forum for a couple months now, and it seems this would be the best place to post this question. I removed the screen from my touchpad and now i'm trying to reassemble it. the split ribbon cable zif connectors don't want to lock into place. i don't have a camera with nice enough resolution to show you, but let's say it looks like this:

|_ with the lock bar back. i insert the cables horizontally and then try to close the connect like a book onto the ribbon cable, but it doesn't want to lock into place. if i'm doing something wrong please tell me. there's not a small slot where the cable would fit into is there? has anyone else taken one apart and had this same problem?
    I don't know if any of these guides would help. They are mostly about taking it apart and then "reverse the steps" to put back together but maybe if you see the pictures before it is apart you can figure it out.

HP TouchPad Repair Manual - iFixit
    Quote Originally Posted by jw23 View Post
    Hello everyone, i've been reading the forum for a couple months now, and it seems this would be the best place to post this question. I removed the screen from my touchpad and now i'm trying to reassemble it. the split ribbon cable zif connectors don't want to lock into place. i don't have a camera with nice enough resolution to show you, but let's say it looks like this:

|_ with the lock bar back. i insert the cables horizontally and then try to close the connect like a book onto the ribbon cable, but it doesn't want to lock into place. if i'm doing something wrong please tell me. there's not a small slot where the cable would fit into is there? has anyone else taken one apart and had this same problem?

In case you didn't get an answer I had the same problem, the cable seemed to short and the cable kept pulling out when I closed the lid. I found that there was a small slot in the plastic casing of the frame that the ribbon slides through and this should give you the extra millimetres you need