1.    #1  
    Hi,

Wanted some assistance on my touchpad. I bought a second hand unit and am told that it has warranty until August this year. (1. anyway to find this out online?)
    secondly, the touchpad has the typical speaker crack on it, and I was told I can get a replacement via HP. The only thing is that I don't have any PROOF of PURCHASE or RECIEPTS since its second hand. Will HP still repair or swap my touchpad for me?

Thanks!
    Soulja786
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Can't you ask the person you bought it from?
  3.    #3  
    I have and am waiting for them to 'transfer' the warranty. But just generally speaking, do the advisors on the phone ask you for any proof of purchasE?
    Quote Originally Posted by soulja786 View Post
    I have and am waiting for them to 'transfer' the warranty. But just generally speaking, do the advisors on the phone ask you for any proof of purchasE?
    I bought a Pre2 off eBay and it stopped making calls shortly afterwards, something to do with a flex unit or cable not working... anyway I called up HP and they checked the serial number and said it was in warranty, I shipped it to them and they fixed it free of charge. I had no proof of purchase. They asked where I bought it that was all.
    Quote Originally Posted by soulja786 View Post
    Hi,

Wanted some assistance on my touchpad. I bought a second hand unit and am told that it has warranty until August this year. (1. anyway to find this out online?)
    secondly, the touchpad has the typical speaker crack on it, and I was told I can get a replacement via HP. The only thing is that I don't have any PROOF of PURCHASE or RECIEPTS since its second hand. Will HP still repair or swap my touchpad for me?

Thanks!
    Soulja786
    If it's a U.S. TouchPad, they won't fix it. I have three TouchPads (two of which have the speaker crack). Despite the "global warranty", HP won't fix them as they are U.S. TouchPads. It's utterly ridiculous!

Stu :-)
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Not true. HP will fix it, but it has to come from a USA address. That's how I had mine sorted out.

ALan
    Yes, if you have a friend or relative in USA, ship it to them and have them get it fixed using their US address.

Try here for warranty check:

https://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/si...4892.199480143