1.    #1  
    All,

This has been bothering me for a few months now. I remember leaving Touchpad on the Touchstone for a full day; returned home to dismay - two parallel lines that looks like screen burn...

I tell myself, "its no big deal," but it has become evident that I no longer have the perfect Touchpad.

Would you send back for repair or live with it? Please advise, many thanks!

(Kind of hard to see with the attached pics, but they're faint parallel lines across the screen)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Are you using a HP Case on your TouchPad? Do the lines match those on the Case cover?
  3.    #3  
    lol, I think my mind was just blown
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    Are you using a HP Case on your TouchPad? Do the lines match those on the Case cover?
    I think you nailed it based on the op's reaction.

Those lines definitely look like they would match up with the HP folio case cover. It also appears like there is a skin covering on the screen.

My guess is that the TP was left in a car, exposed to the sun...and the folio cover fold lines left an imprint on the screen skin from the heat. (the dark coloring of the case only adds to the heat absorption factor if left in direct sunlight) It's probably wise to toss a white or light colored t-shirt over it if leaving the device in your car where the sun could possibly shine on it for extended periods of time.

I would imagine the lines will fade away in time if you keep the TP away from direct sun/heat. Else, removing the skin would be the easiest solution if the lines are actually bothersome.
    I had the same exact problem on my Touchpad, which has the HP Case. I remember leaving it in my glove box when I ran into the store on a hot day. Then when the screen is off it was very noticeable.

At first I thought oh great, a defunct product, no support. So I figured what the heck did I have to loose.

I had the Zagg Invisashield on the unit, so I figured I would peel it off. WALA, problem fixed, the burn in is actually on the screen protector itself not on the glass screen of they Touchpad.

The cases cover is actually a screen cleaner to clean off the screen when it is closed. I notice that the lines ARE present because of dust left behind on the glass, but with a soft lint free cloth, it wipes right off.

And because it was a Zagg product, they replaced to free of charge, all I had to do was pay 5 bucks for shipping.

Problem Fixed.
    My TP has similar lines. Also using InvisibleShield and HP case. Mine has bacteria growing behind the screen protector, and has a sort of line where the bacteria would not grow (weird). And my case is a bit dirty (I tend to have breakfast around my TP). But the lines really haven't bothered me, especially when I have to look at faint little blue dots.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Mine has bacteria growing behind the screen protector, and has a sort of line where the bacteria would not grow (weird).
    That's.... just....... icky....

/considering sand blasting mine now or dipping it in germicide.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    That's.... just....... icky....

/considering sand blasting mine now or dipping it in germicide.
    I would like to get a replacement protector, but don't know if Zagg covers installation failures (I suppose this would count as one).