Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By DrPotoroo
  1.    #1  
    My touchpad stopped underlining misspelled words and its very frustrating (since i can't spell). I am able to locate the spelling setting to see if it was somehow turned off. Just where would that be? I assumed it was under text assist but its not.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by etphoto; 03/11/2012 at 06:35 PM.
    you can't spell? lol!

i know for a fact not every app supports spell check .. and i think you need auto-correct on for it to show up. there's no setting to turn off spell check, except on the developer side.

what app(s) is it not working for?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

3.    #3  
    I could have sworn it use to work on the browser. Now its not. Maybe I am wrong.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    it doesn't work in the browser or Just Type.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I love how this thread is misspelled. Poetic.
    fxspec06 and iprice like this.
    It works in the browser for me. Not in Just Type but that makes sense because it would really mess up a search. Try hitting the key to the left of the space bar. That turns it on and off for me. If that doesn't work, go into regional settings and open the keyboard and set the auto-correction setting to the language that you prefer.
    I think they mean the browser address bar, which doesnt work...and makes sense as not all websites have proper spelling.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I think they mean the browser address bar, which doesnt work...and makes sense as not all websites have proper spelling.

Ya, I guess I took that for granted. Because they said the underlining went away and it never had it in the address bar, I assumed they meant while typing in a web page.