Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I was doing some playing around today on my TouchPad and I discovered something very sweet.

Go to Crackle using the following link, and you'll get the Chrome App version of Crackle that is VERY TouchPad friendly.

Crackle

Here's a screen shot of it.

browser_2012-08-03_202404 by tmorrow, on Flickr

<screenshot fixed by staff>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/08/2012 at 09:32 PM.
    I've watched movies on Crackle several times by just going to their main site. Thanks for the link to the Chrome App version though
    I like the Chrome interface, but like the regular site, it does not work for me. I've only been able to get Crackle to work through the Youtube channel. I've gone through clearing cache files and other such suggested things, no luck. When I click on a movie, just get a black space where the video should be. My TP has most of your "standard" patches as well as Uberkernel @ 1.512.
    I was able to get crackle working with the main site but this definitely seems more touchpad friendly, thanks.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I also was using the main pc site, this is a lot quicker and user friendly on the touchpad! Thank you.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dajedikidd View Post
    I like the Chrome interface, but like the regular site, it does not work for me. I've only been able to get Crackle to work through the Youtube channel. I've gone through clearing cache files and other such suggested things, no luck. When I click on a movie, just get a black space where the video should be. My TP has most of your "standard" patches as well as Uberkernel @ 1.512.
    I'm sorry its not working for you. I haven't patched my TouchPad, so I can't say that it should work on one that's been patched.
    Quote Originally Posted by dajedikidd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyRadar View Post
    I'm sorry its not working for you. I haven't patched my TouchPad, so I can't say that it should work on one that's been patched.
    Patches can cause issues. I get the reference to "standard" patches, I would assume based on those recommended in one of the "new touchpad getting started" discussions. But all patches carry a risk of side effects by definition. One that immediately comes to mind is the "max blocker" ad blocker which is known to cause such issues, and I'm sure there are others. Posting a list of installed patches might help identify a good gremlin candidate. It might have nothing to do with patches, but patches are certainly one of the "usual suspects" worth looking at.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    works awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Patches can cause issues. I get the reference to "standard" patches, I would assume based on those recommended in one of the "new touchpad getting started" discussions. But all patches carry a risk of side effects by definition. One that immediately comes to mind is the "max blocker" ad blocker which is known to cause such issues, and I'm sure there are others. Posting a list of installed patches might help identify a good gremlin candidate. It might have nothing to do with patches, but patches are certainly one of the "usual suspects" worth looking at.
    Yeah, mostly the "getting started" thread ones and some others, here is the list.

Add Download Link
    Add ThumbNav
    Adv. Reset Options
    Buttah
    Disable Search Engine Browser Notifications
    Disk Cache Mod
    Enyo Smooth Scrolling
    Faster Card animations Hyper
    ImageView Hi-res Zoom
    Mojo Smooth Scrolling
    Mojo Tap Resp.
    Muffle System Logging
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    Toggle Keyboard Button
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    ynmigea (I have no idea what that is, but it is listed in my patches)

And the Uberkenral, as previously stated. I have never installed any of the ad blocker type patches. Cookies, Java and Flash are all enabled, Block pop-ups is OFF.

On the plus side, I am able to Splashtop into my new Win7 machine and watch Crackle through there with very little issue.