Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thorsmash
  1.    #1  
    So the other day I stole my wife's Kindle car charger that is one of those with the USB plug one end and the micro USB on the other. I had my touch pad with me and it just downed on me "Why not"

SO I plugged the Touchpad into the USB on my car radio and it detects it and allows me to switch to USB mode. I'm thinking that there is no way it will work because I have had issue with some flash drives working in the past, but sure enough it starts to play my MP3'S!!!!!

My music is on the the Touchpad in a fold called MP3 and that's it. Plug in, select USB mode, and it works. I can control the song from the head unit in the car and everything.

Only thing I found is that you get the "ouch message" when the car is turned off before you undock with Touchpad.

Mo.
    trgrant likes this.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorsmash View Post

Only thing I found is that you get the "ouch message" when the car is turned off before you undock with Touchpad.

Mo.
    Be careful. After getting the "ouch message" a couple times on my TouchPad, I had to send it back to HP for repair (I could not even run webOS Doctor).
    try turning off the vehicle first, then disconnect the TP. That might help???
    my ford focus just has an aux port (headphone jack basically) in the glove compartment, i just wire up the touchpad or typically my pre3 and i can listen to my mp3's that way, even handier on the pre3 as i have the awesome patch that starts the music player as soon as the headphone jack is occupied.

but yeah id be careful of that ouch message.
    I just pair my TP with the car audio and use music player remix

Also works good for espn, nfl, etc
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    geekpeter, what year focus? did it come with that, or is that something you've added? *goes looking in the glovebox *

TTB, I have a dream of having an internet connection in my car fast enough to be able to run XO on TouchPad (or phone I guess) and stream live to my car from my house
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  7.    #7  
    Yea I knew you can use the head phone jack, I do that in my garage hooked to a set of 5.1 ch PC speakers.

It was the first time I tried that so I will try some more and see if I change it from Aux on the head unit if that will disconnect it. I'm pretty sure that there is no way to come out of USB mode on the TP is there?

I will also give it a shot on the android boot side of thing and see.

Mo.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Who the heck wants their TP flopping around the passenger seat or drink holder, though?
    BlueTooth
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    You can also connect via Bluetooth - either your phone or your TP.

(Assuming that your car has Bluetooth! My wife's Focus does.)
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    geekpeter, what year focus? did it come with that, or is that something you've added? *goes looking in the glovebox *

TTB, I have a dream of having an internet connection in my car fast enough to be able to run XO on TouchPad (or phone I guess) and stream live to my car from my house
    I have a 3G USB dongle attached to my HP Slate 500 sitting on a Slate 500 dock in one car, and use the TP GO LTE 4G device in my other car. The GO sits firmly in-between the console and the shifter so it does not flop around. I use Orb to stream live TV, as well as anything that's in my entire music / video library stored on a NAS device at home to these devices anywhere there's Internet access.. The audio isounds great on the car stereo over BT connections to the tablets. Of course, I never watch TV or video while driving, however taking in an occasional MNF or MLB while stuck in LA traffic can be tempting..

On the down side, whenever anyone I know needs a ride somewhere, I'm the first person they call. Thinking about installing taxicab meters in my cars ..... the price of gas is so outrageous, it's more expensive than the cost of 3G/4G data service for my tablets.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    ..... the price of gas is so outrageous, it's more expensive than the cost of 3G/4G data service for my tablets.
    What is the price of gas there? Here it is $1.45L or $5.80/gallon! My Toyota Tundra is always thirsty.
  13.    #13  
    "The GO sits firmly in-between the console and the shifter so it does not flop around"

Yep my TP sits there as well in my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post

a 2008 focus zetec, comes as standard, also the bluetooth pairing on mine seems borked and never worked when i needed it on any paired device, so i stick to the aux jack.
    ah, we've got a 2001 zetec. I spent a few minutes digging around in the glovebox the other day to see if there was one hiding in there that i didn't know about. There wasn't. After we find a new place to live, I'm replacing that damn car stereo.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: