webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Formatted TouchPad Stuck at HP Logo Screen
Formatted TouchPad Stuck at HP Logo Screen

Old 03/06/2012, 12:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

I mistakenly formatted my HP Touchpad from my computer. Now the Touchpad is stuck at the HP logo screen and does not do anything. Anyone know how to fix this? I am really worried.
darksyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2012, 03:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Find the version of webOS Doctor for your TouchPad here

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

(either WiFi or 4G)

Follow the instructions here:

How To Recover - WebOS Internals

If you can, hold the power and Home/Center button for approximately 15 seconds, until it forces a restart, and immediately hold down the Volume Up button until you see a giant USB symbol (Recovery Mode). then carry on with the instructions.
Old 03/06/2012, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

I was able to get the TouchPad into the recovery mode. When I tried hooking it up to WebOs Doctor, it was working but then got stuck at 12 percent. i tried to google this and saw it was a common problem but was unable to find a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
darksyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2012, 11:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyed View Post
I was able to get the TouchPad into the recovery mode. When I tried hooking it up to WebOs Doctor, it was working but then got stuck at 12 percent. i tried to google this and saw it was a common problem but was unable to find a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I had that problem with the doctor once. I eventually re downloaded the doctor and it then finished for me.
I must have had a bad download. Perhaps you can give that a try?
creepingmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2012, 11:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah I have had that and I have a semi-solid solution.
Reset the touchpad (center+pwr for 10sec).
Boot into recovery.
Rerun doctor.

If that doesn't work, reset and turn off. Turn on again into recovery and re-doctor.

Hope this helps.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0