1.    #1  
    Just out of curiosity, today I sent my 16gb UK Touchpad back to HP in Hungary for a blown speaker repair. I've seen a lot of horror stories across various forums about their warranty repair service but it seems that the majority of threads I've read involve the El Paso repair facility and US Touchpads.

Anyone out there with similar horror stories/feel-good heartwarming stories about the HP repair process in the EU?

I rely on my Touchpad for work and hate to be without it, so I'm hoping this wont take too long.
    I knew there was a reason why I bought spare touchpads.....
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    I knew there was a reason why I bought spare touchpads.....
    I bought as many as I could get my hands on. 1.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Mine was repaired in the US and seems to be fine (so far).

Alan
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Mine was repaired in the US and seems to be fine (so far).

Alan
    Cool, how long did it take? I was told I'd be looking at about 10 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by k0406115 View Post
    Cool, how long did it take? I was told I'd be looking at about 10 days.
    Once they get it, the device ships back in 5-7 business days with 2day air which all equates to 10 business days. This is true for the NA repairs so EU might be different. I'd call the EU support to ask their current expectations.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Sent mine in Thursday (Feb 24); Got a package back this morning (March 5th). 11 Calendar Days.
    It had a form letter on top stating they couldn't repair and had returned a new unit.

I didn't get a chance to play with it (I had to jet to work). Couldn't tell if it was same unit or not.
    Couldn't tell if it was refurb or not. Will see tonight.. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DoobieDoo View Post
    Sent mine in Thursday (Feb 24); Got a package back this morning (March 5th). 11 Calendar Days.
    It had a form letter on top stating they couldn't repair and had returned a new unit.

I didn't get a chance to play with it (I had to jet to work). Couldn't tell if it was same unit or not.
    Couldn't tell if it was refurb or not. Will see tonight.. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck, buddy. Let us know if all is well with your returned Touchpad.
    I had to return my wife's touchpad for repair yesterday. The thing would not turn on would not accept that it was plugged in to try to charge. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    I had to return my wife's touchpad for repair yesterday. The thing would not turn on would not accept that it was plugged in to try to charge. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Well, according to the UPS tracking information my Touchpad arrived at the repair centre in Hungary on the 7th at 8am and was shipped back out to me... on the 7th... at 11am.

Is it possible that they repaired a blown speaker and cracked case that fast or is it just going to be a refurb?
    I'm just hoping it comes back working...
    Quote Originally Posted by k0406115 View Post
    Well, according to the UPS tracking information my Touchpad arrived at the repair centre in Hungary on the 7th at 8am and was shipped back out to me... on the 7th... at 11am.

Is it possible that they repaired a blown speaker and cracked case that fast or is it just going to be a refurb?
    I'm just hoping it comes back working...
    That would be an amazingly fast turnaround! I'm thinking it's more likely they sent you a replacement.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Just as a laugh.....

I had a warrenty item which UPS were supposed to pick up. After 3 days I queried why they had not been. Apparently, they did try (no they didn't) and gave up. I then contacted HP who said that UPS had delivered an empty box to Hungary.

Needless to say, I wasn't over impressed with UPS.

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Just as a laugh.....

I had a warrenty item which UPS were supposed to pick up. After 3 days I queried why they had not been. Apparently, they did try (no they didn't) and gave up. I then contacted HP who said that UPS had delivered an empty box to Hungary.

Needless to say, I wasn't over impressed with UPS.

Alan
    I have always preferred Fedex over UPS. Why?--UPS has been far less reliable.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    I'm in the UK and I am so disappointed with both hp and ups. Contacted hp last week Tuesday for the repair. I waited on wed, thur, no one came. Contacted hp again on Friday, they said collection with ups was somehow cancelled, so re-booked a new collection. Couple of hours later the ups man turns up(***??) for the collection with no boxes or anything!! We looked each other, (me think ***) he said he will put it back in a box once back in the office so he hand carried my tp with my own soft case.

No news throughout this week. Then chatted with a hp guy again yesterday morning he said the tp is returning the same day. Couple of hours later, tracking on ups site, stating the delivery returned - to Hungary?!! It turns out it took a week just to get to them for repair.

I am so disappointed and frustrated. Now I don't even care if I'll get the same unit, just hope the tp will return in one piece fully functioning.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    That would be an amazingly fast turnaround! I'm thinking it's more likely they sent you a replacement.
    Just got my Touchpad back, it is the same device according to the serial number. It's got a brand new back case on, feels pretty much brand new and both speakers work. There's not a single mark on the device and I couldn't be happier.

I am really pleasantly surprised at how fast the turnaround was with this repair!
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Ah - this is good news, mine device is going back under warranty tomorrow.
    ".... Let us know if all is well with your returned Touchpad. "

Ok, I gave it a few days @ home, to play with, before making any decisions.
    No real complaints, so far. I'm tentatively calling the return operation a success.

Can't tell if it's brand new or a refurb, but at least, no more case crack.

I had sent it in primarily for wifi issue and now that it's up and running, the connection is fairly stable and good. I am thinking there was a deeper problem since they returned a different unit. Just for the record, I've had deep chronic wifi issues with the TP that I just couldn't troubleshoot effectively and had driven me to insanity and back repeatedly.

Had a troublesome experience setting up, but strictly speaking it's unclear how much was hardware related.
    First: Got that tinny sound output, but that could be from the 3.05 doctoring. Reboot solved it. Second: WebOSInternals stuff has been wonky; I think it's the URL ref bug. Took me forever to get Internalz installed. At one point, tried to install Uber Kernel and it crashed the TP and I had to re-Doctor. So going to keep it un-clocked for a bit. Third: Took me forever to get past registration; couldn't get a wireless signal. Went out and got a newer/stronger router. Third time was the charm; Spent $99 on the tablet, but probably 3 times that on wireless equipment to get one that was TP compatible. Went from a Linkysys wrt54 (stock/dd-wrt) to NetGear 615 (stock/dd-wrt) to, now, a stock Netgear WNDR4000. Connection is still wonky in a few places in the home, so thinking I might invest in a repeater, too, but when it's on and connected to 5ghz, wow it's a pleasant smooth experience.

Keeping my fingers crossed on this unit and will now be lovingly kept just at home for media consumption...
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -