Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    I have a new app catalog. Webos lives on!
    Quote Originally Posted by russ399 View Post
    I haven't updated yet - how is it better?
    It's new!
    Yeah but I still haven't seen any new apps for days.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    No new Apps So, they release A New App Catalog, Number!! Nothing else. ;-)
    with all the recent layoffs I don't see any more apps obtaining approval in a while..

most Devs except for the most loyal have abandoned ship...

this island is getting quite lonely

Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    with all the recent layoffs I don't see any more apps obtaining approval in a while..

most Devs except for the most loyal have abandoned ship...

this island is getting quite lonely

a bunch of new apps were created today at the enyo hackathon
    Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post
    No new Apps So, they release A New App Catalog, Number!! Nothing else. ;-)
    Where is that new HP catalog version, still looking around the software update section. I have been searching exhaustively to no avail, it tells me there is no software available for download. Also what's the number on the new HP Catalog ?

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Hey, bluenote:

Don't mean to bother, please, can you give us an update on what you saw at that event. I really wanted to go to that event, however I don't live near the area where the Hackaton happened. How many apps, did you see ? Where they apps about messaging, games, productivity ? The reason that I ask, with a bit of encouraging words from that will give me a glimpse of hope that WebOS can still live on. At least, it will give a reason to stick around WebOS a bit longer, and not make me sell my Touchpad on eBay(for lacks of apps and functionality).
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by russ399 View Post
    What is the version number?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    version 5.0.3000
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    yeah, that's not a new app update. Its been available for almost three or four weeks at least now. Version 5.0.3000.
    Yeah, just a new Featured Apps, not a new version.

Funny, I see 25 new or updated apps over the weekend. Sure, it's not 80 a day, but at least we can keep up with what's available.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Vistaus likes this.
    Indeed. And from what I've heard in HP Touchpad Apps-forum, there are a few devs who have submitted things. So unless HP decides to quit with the App Catalog, they have to approve those new apps (given they go with the rules, but I expect that from webosnation members).
    And today there were also 2 updates: Checkbook HD to 1.0.7 and Image Worker (Evaluation). So those 2 are approved by HP.
    I see the March interface to the app catalogue. Its about spring and its my favorite one yet, very pretty.

I bought a few apps on sale--the audubon wildflowers for $5 and the Dr Seuss apps for $1-$2 apiece: One Fish Two Fish, Cat in the Hat, and Horton Hears a Who. Who can't resist Dr Seuss?

I like that Zen Garden app too, told a few friends to buy it awhile ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I'll take ANY positive news!

thanks
    Vistaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I got that update a week ago. But there are plenty of ongoing updates in the app store. I'm always finding something new. The star update of the last few weeks was the joint BHome/Kalemsoft update to let me stream any kind of video file directly from the DLNA server on my NAS to the Kalemsoft Media Player. Before that it was Audioscape (free and just for fun), and Asphalt 6 for only $0.99.
    W00sh and Vistaus like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post
    yeah, that's not a new app update. Its been available for almost three or four weeks at least now. Version 5.0.3000.
    some of us UK types and more still have the now boring and annoying november/sports edition........ still
    leobloom, renater and lavo96 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    I got that update a week ago. But there are plenty of ongoing updates in the app store. I'm always finding something new. The star update of the last few weeks was the joint BHome/Kalemsoft update to let me stream any kind of video file directly from the DLNA server on my NAS to the Kalemsoft Media Player. Before that it was Audioscape (free and just for fun), and Asphalt 6 for only $0.99.
    In that vein, there is a Retune app that works very well with itunes to control it from the TouchPad, makes turning on the stereo from any place in the house effortless if your stereo is integrated as well (via airport express or whatever).

Also there is a Plex App beta--a work in progress.

And SuperAds for the TouchPad just came out-- (archive of superbowl commercials)
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    some of us UK types and more still have the now boring and annoying november/sports edition........ still

You aren't worthy! You don't count. Your "Pounds" are not worth it.

Should go live in the good ol' US of A!

(sent from Gloucestershire - the Original one).
    Vistaus likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast