Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by punkinholler View Post
    I bought my TP in October and I love it to pieces. However, I'm starting to get a bit peeved because the lack of an Adobe Flash update is making it increasingly difficult to stream movies on Amazon. Since the firing of most of the WebOS staff means we're probably never going to see a Flash update, I was wondering if this problem would be resolved if I installed CM7 on my TP.

I'm also wondering if I should attempt the installation at all. I'm tech-literate enough that I can google problems and follow instructions to solve most issues but, since I don't really understand how any of it works, I can't innovate a solution on my own if I get stuck. I've also had trouble using the WebOS Doctor before so I'm terrified I'll kill my TP and I won't be able to fix it. The last time I tried to doctor it was when the 3.0.4 update came out and it kept freezing at 12%. I have 3.0.5 now and I've since reinstalled windows on my computer so I have hope that it will work better this time but if not, I'm really reluctant to try the CM7 installation because I'd be working without a safety net. Any advice would be helpful.
    I had an Archos tablet (a real piece of junk) a year ago, which ran on Android. At the time, I remember reading that the Adobe Flash update that people were waiting on, the one optimized for that device, had to be written by Adobe. Someone, however, did create a work-around app that gave a basic flash experience to that device. (I sold the device so didn’t follow what happened.)

IMPORTANT TO KNOW: That type of re-working/re-tooling/re-coding of apps and the ability to install different versions of Android/CyanogenMod by code-savvy individuals is very common within the Android experience.

But...I still feel that what you are asking for within webOS will more than likely need to be done by Adobe. If that is true, then I would not hold your breath as I don't see Adobe supporting a webOS that is on basic life support considering Adobe has decided that it will stop the creation of mobile flash with Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich.

Sorry to be so gloomy.

Now…would that be resolved by installing CM9 on your TP? While I haven’t installed CM9 yet on my TP, I’m waiting for the next official release (whether alpha, beta or whatever), I would have to say from experience a resounding YES. I had a Nook and Acer Iconia A500 both running on versions of CM and they were fine. I use an Android phone running on CM7 and I recall getting an Adobe flash update within the past few days.

Bottom-line: Android is supported by Adobe. Doubtful they will support webOS anymore, the metrics aren’t there.
    Quote Originally Posted by punkinholler View Post
    I bought my TP in October and I love it to pieces. However, I'm starting to get a bit peeved because the lack of an Adobe Flash update is making it increasingly difficult to stream movies on Amazon. Since the firing of most of the WebOS staff means we're probably never going to see a Flash update, I was wondering if this problem would be resolved if I installed CM7 on my TP.
    'Flash' just got updated to V11.1 in Android.

point of interest re Adobe. Their recent update to v11 killed vista 64 bit systems/IE. Works with chrome on my 64 bit vista
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Thank you to everyone for their input. I was having the same feelings as the OP, and am now running the most recent Nightly build of CM9. Reinforces for me just how much nicer WebOS is and could have come to be. Now to figure out what exactly to use this for...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123