1.    #1  
    Can I use the Touchpad wall charger to charge an Ipod or Ebook reader? I'm leery of trying this as it might damage them.
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamk View Post
    Can I use the Touchpad wall charger to charge an Ipod or Ebook reader? I'm leery of trying this as it might damage them.
    Graham, you would have to compare the specs of the two chargers. I have my doubts that it will work, since each manufacturer wants you to buy their products. I could be wrong, however.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
  3.    #3  
    Is there any danger of plugging them in to see if they will charge?
    According to this paper, you should be fine. Interesting read if nothing else.

USB As A Power Source
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    According to this paper, you should be fine. Interesting read if nothing else.

USB As A Power Source
    Sledge, I didn't think about using the USB as a charger. I was thinking about plugging it into an outlet. Good save!
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    no danger. I use my palm chargers for lots of things, including kindles and an ipod.
    Micro USB is Micro USB is Micro USB.

You can use the chargers that come with Palm and HP webOS products to charge other Micro USB devices, and you can use those chargers to charge your Palm and HP webOS products. If the cord fits, it will charge. Micro USB is a standard for a reason.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Micro USB is Micro USB is Micro USB.

You can use the chargers that come with Palm and HP webOS products to charge other Micro USB devices, and you can use those chargers to charge your Palm and HP webOS products. If the cord fits, it will charge. Micro USB is a standard for a reason.
    Not so!

Whereas there is a "generic" spec which provides for devices to draw more than 500mA from a USB Source, neither Apple nor HP TouchPads comply with it.

Generally, it would be safe to say that the HP TouchPad will not charge at higher than a trickle from Apple Chargers and Apple devices will not charge from HP or Palm chargers.

However, there is a hazard condition created by the "generic" Spec which specifies that if the Data lines on the Charger are bridged, the connected device can draw up to 5 Amps. I have not (yet) found a charger which will survive this.
    I charge the touchpad, my galaxy S2, an amazon knidle, and an HTC HD2 all off the touchpad charger. No problems so far.