Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Do Not Touch View Post
    This is clearly a hijacked eBay account. I've seen this many times before. The price is so low, it causes a feeding frenzy by buyers thinking it's cheap enough to take a chance.

There are no TPs or Android tablets. Some scammer stole the account of an established costume jewelry salesman, maybe because it had a guessable password.

The price with free shipping would barely be enough for a TouchPad knock-off case.
    Agreed. Looks like a hijacked eBay account. Poor victim... guys, there's no getting around "if it looks too good to be true..." Stay far far away.
    The "AirPhone" they have for sale isn't even a ripoff, it's straight Photoshop work, afaict.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Here is a filtered search on completed listing for this seller before the Touchpads were listed. It's hijacked.

huazaili | eBay
    Eric 32gb likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    Here is a filtered search on completed listing for this seller before the Touchpads were listed. It's hijacked.
    That settles it then. Well, on the plus side, I guess it does say something for webOS that they chose to feature a TouchPad rather than an iPad!
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

huazaili | eBay
    That's some nice jewelry!
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartKidsOnTheRun View Post
    That's some nice jewelry!

Yes.. Tibetan!

I suppose one could wear a TP as a cool 'Pendant'!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 03/04/2012 at 12:54 AM.
    Whenever you see a bogus auction like that and you're sure that it's BOGUS (like this one), you should hit the "Report Item" link under the seller info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Do Not Touch View Post
    Whenever you see a bogus auction like that and you're sure that it's BOGUS (like this one), you should hit the "Report Item" link under the seller info.
    I did report them after I did the search. I don't know how long it takes EBay to respond though. People are still getting scammed because it is still up. If you look at the other items, they have "sold" over 1000 items for between $30 and $50 with about 300 of them since I reported. Saturday night is a big EBay shopping day so I hope they react soon.
    I did report them after I did the search. I don't know how long it takes EBay to respond though. People are still getting scammed because it is still up. If you look at the other items, they have "sold" over 1000 items for between $30 and $50 with about 300 of them since I reported. Saturday night is a big EBay shopping day so I hope they react soon.
    That's why these scams usually happen over the weekend. I also suspect eBay doesn't have as many employees working on weekends, so there isn't the manpower to police the auctions.
    I ordered two the last time these were on ebay. I think it was Christmas (conveniently).
    Account was deleted, item was blocked. Got my money back though because I started a case the next day.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:27 PM.
    The listing's gone. Hopefully no one got their pockets picked along the way...
    Yeah, you gotta be careful through E-bay when purchasing from Mainland China. I got caught up "in the moment" once for a watch that was offered for an excellent price. Saw that other people were buying and the units available were falling. So I pulled the trigger.

After signing for it, I received a over-sized package of foam via Canada Post. Inside was a Chinese coin. Luckily, I had taken pictures of the package after I got suspicious. Filed a claim with Paypal, they got hold of the sender. He requested that I return it after he provided a return address.

Luckily, I knew someone in China. Asked him to send a equivalent coin back to the address. Because you cannot send money by post, the post office stopped my friend. Just out of curiosity, the post office confirmed that the return address was non-existing.

I then contacted Paypal, which then promptly provided me a refund. Seller challenged, I then forwarded the photos to Paypal. They then closed the case immediately.

Don't know how many of the buyers lost their money to the scammer, but from what I read on-line, it's a common occurrence.

Good luck to those that made the bid. Hopefully the above scenario won't be one that you'll experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by treodoc755 View Post
    The listing's gone. Hopefully no one got their pockets picked along the way...
    i reported also seeing that over 100 were sold the last 2 days u was hoping to protect others
    I've bought several items from China/Hong Kong. Watches and electronics mostly. Phone batteries, cables etc. Once they sent me a 12v twin plug adapter instead of what I ordered.(forget what it was) I sent them a picture of what I ordered and what I received. A couple weeks later I got what I ordered and was told to keep the adapter.
    Sp far so good but never bought any big ticket items from there.
    The post has been removed now.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Ebay/Paypal refunded my money quickly on this, but....
    A package arrived from China today with just an IPOD usb cable in it.
    It required a signature.
    I guess this is how the scam works.
    They get a registered trackable shipment to prove to EBAY they are legit.
    Hi glad you got sorted with your case but Ebay are saying that I have to waste money returning this usb cable to china at my expense even when they know this is a scam. The seller has only now claimed to have posted this last item some twenty days after the date of purchase, and E-Bay see nothing wrong with this.
    Ebay have a duty of care for its users, buyers as well as sellers.They delt with 2 cases in a few hours for me from the same scammer this week and now they have changed tack and expect me to waste more money sending this crap back and it will take weeks for the other cable to arrive so thats more time Im being denied the use of my money, this has got to be against the law some how.
    HP doesnt sell touchpad in China.
    As far as I know, the touchpad sellers in China all bought touchpad form other countries. Chinese touchpad owner bought touchpad 32G wifi @ $300 (16G @ $270). It is very expensive for the tariff.
    According to that, a low price touchpad form China is impossible!! This ebay account should be a hijacked account.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12