Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tpbsr
  1.    #1  
    My 32g Touchpad was stolen, that is the bad part of the story but I have an option. I bought my brother a 16g Touchpad when the fire sale broke. He doesn't really use it the way I used mine, so he sent the 16g Touchpad back to me.

I had gone to Palm Support and had done the "Erase Device" routine on the 32g Touchpad as soon as it went missing. Now, I would like to restore my data on the 16g Touch Pad.

I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed with this. Please realize that you are talking to a barely knowledgeable 72 year old who is will to charge forward.

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by tpbsr View Post
    My 32g Touchpad was stolen, that is the bad part of the story but I have an option. I bought my brother a 16g Touchpad when the fire sale broke. He doesn't really use it the way I used mine, so he sent the 16g Touchpad back to me.

I had gone to Palm Support and had done the "Erase Device" routine on the 32g Touchpad as soon as it went missing. Now, I would like to restore my data on the 16g Touch Pad.

I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed with this. Please realize that you are talking to a barely knowledgeable 72 year old who is will to charge forward.

Thanks,
    Hello!

Fortunately its simple. First log into hpwebos.com/account and click on device option for the 32gb touchpad and hit lost/stolen device. The next time that device sees the internet it will get a full erase!

Afterwards while there, change your password to the account and log the 16gb touchpad in. That's it! All your download apps and settings will come back, minus the USB data like photos and music.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  3.    #3  
    The problem is that my brother has already registered the 16g TouchPad to his account.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    You can reset the touchpad by going into device info and selecting reset options. Then when its done you can sign into your account you desire. It'll work to get your stuff back

Sent from HPTP Communities
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post
    You can reset the touchpad by going into device info and selecting reset options. Then when its done you can sign into your account you desire. It'll work to get your stuff back

Sent from HPTP Communities
    Thanks. Simple and I am back in the webOS Nation.
    W00sh likes this.