1.    #1  
    TP on 3.0.5. No preware. No messaging or anything else running.

When plugged into the wall charger, the screen will not lock. It wakes to no lock on the screen, ready to use. It does this if I wait for the screen to go off by itself or if I wake it one of the buttons.

Also I can sometimes see the lock screen for a split second upon waking but it goes away and I the screen is back where I left it before it went to sleep.

Reboot and shutdown did not fix it.

The screen locks just fine when not plugged in.

HP says to "Erase apps and data". Good idea?

Any other ideas?

Also, my battery life after 3.0.5 update went from 9 hours to 5.
    Doctor, Doctor... Listen to the Doctor ...
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer-X View Post
    TP on 3.0.5. No preware. No messaging or anything else running.

When plugged into the wall charger, the screen will not lock. It wakes to no lock on the screen, ready to use. It does this if I wait for the screen to go off by itself or if I wake it one of the buttons.

Also I can sometimes see the lock screen for a split second upon waking but it goes away and I the screen is back where I left it before it went to sleep.

Reboot and shutdown did not fix it.

The screen locks just fine when not plugged in.

HP says to "Erase apps and data". Good idea?

Any other ideas?

Also, my battery life after 3.0.5 update went from 9 hours to 5.
    Leaving apps open?

The 2 issues are tied together to a service in webOS flopping and causing 100% loads, sounds like the kernel is messed up. Could try to install preware to put in uberkernel and then back to palm kernel to see how it fairs then. Otherwise yea try the erase apps and data and then doctor if still nogo.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  4.    #4  
    Erased apps and data- not fixed, Doctored to 3.0.5 - not fixed

Then I chatted 2 more times with 2 different HP reps and they both said that the screen does NOT lock when being charged, period.

A previous rep tried it on his device and said that his DID lock when charging, which prompted my 2 hours of doctoring and such.

Also found this thread here that says the screen does not lock while charging:
    Solved: TP not locking.

So addiarmadar, do you concur that the TP does NOT lock when charging?
    Last edited by Racer-X; 03/03/2012 at 01:18 PM.