1.    #1  
    My fire sale TP developed a self adjusting volume control, and HP said I could send it in. They sent me a pre-paid mailer. I just got a replacement back. I know from a number of differences, that this is not the one I sent. I don't really care. Odd thing is it didn't even have 3.0.5 on it (which mine did), and it has the "SIM" slot SN tab which my original didn't The whole process took 9 days. YMMV...
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    My fire sale TP developed a self adjusting volume control, and HP said I could send it in. They sent me a pre-paid mailer. I just got a replacement back. I know from a number of differences, that this is not the one I sent. I don't really care. Odd thing is it didn't even have 3.0.5 on it (which mine did), and it has the "SIM" slot SN tab which my original didn't The whole process took 9 days. YMMV...
    - Getting a different device back than what is sent in has to be expected, we can NEVER guarantee that you will receive the same unit back that you send in, despite what anyone else tells you.

- 3.0.5. will not ship on the repair devices, the devices are flashed to 3.0.4.

- All devices have a SIM slot with the SN on it, this is to provide consistency across the board aesthetic wise between the SIM version and the non SIM version
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Hardbeatz...I'm assuming you survived the cut...

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post

Like a Boss.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post

By assuming the roles of the 270 peeps :|
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    there goes my theory that you are actually jon rubinstein!

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I've sent my Touchpad in twice now. I had an issue with my home button. First time, they sent the same Touchpad back, no work done, but webOS had been downgraded to 3.0.2. I contacted HP, they said send it back, so I reluctantly did. Same thing happened; no work, and 3.0.2. And now I'm having touchscreen issues.
    Being responsible for maintaining 5 different Touchpads, I've had a bit of experience with HP's warranty in the last month...

I had one that was mis-serialed as a 32gb that was actually a 16gb. It was sent back simultaneously with one that had a light leak...

Well HP got the two mixed up when they gave me the Service Request #'s, so obviously the wrong ones went in each box.. the 16/32gb mixup got sent back untouched. The light leak TP was still at the service center at that point when I called and it was apparently just "laying around" while they figured out what to do with it.

Both got straightened out, they put a new SR# on the light leak touchpad, and advance exchanged me one for the 16/32gb mixup touchpad and waived the fee. Well I got the advance exchange in, and it was a 16gb not a 32gb! Apparently someone at HP just saw the word '16gb' on the SR# and didn't realize that's what the whole exchange was about..

So I had to ship the advanced exchange back AGAIN, and they immediately dispatched a 3rd replacement, which came in and was actually good.

All in all, it took nearly a month to get all of that straightened out, and many many hours on the phone with HP.

Now one of the Touchpads is developing the characteristic hairline crack at the speaker hole. I heard a crack as I was waking up this morning and picked it up from the nightstand, and sure enough, there's a hairline crack that wasn't there last night. Apparently the case is under stress at that point, because this particular TouchPad has never been back for warranty and has been extremely gently handled the entire time. And has an official case on it.

So I'm about to hit the warranty roller-coaster again I suppose ...

I am certainly NOT impressed with the build quality on these devices.