1.    #1  
    I have a cracked case around the speaker Touchpad that I'm trying to return to HP, and they are refusing to honor the warranty. It's a 32G model that I purchased from Onsale.com back in September, and HP is telling me it's a European model and that their US Customer Support will not service it. They are trying to direct me back to Onsale. I elevated the issue to a supervisor, and she had me fax in my receipt, but she wasn't sounding very helpful that it would get resolved. I've also found that the part number on the pull tab and the part number in the software don't match. Anyone else run into this kind of issue, or have any advise in case they continue to refuse warranty service?
    Ouch. I guess that sort of thing was bound to happen. With outfits like Onsale probably hunting high and low to get their hands on units to meet the demand, who knows where they sourced them from?

From what I've seen with the troubles other people have run into with out of country products, it doesn't seem likely HP in the USA will do it. You wouldn't happen to have a friend traveling to Europe would you, because the shipping costs to send it there and back (assuming HP in Europe will even honor the warranty when it wasn't bought in Europe) is probably not worth it.
    Had the same issue with Asian and USA devices. Asia wouldn't service a US Touchpad. Escalated across several supervisors, all tried to help, but no go.
    In your case HP Europe will service your device, but as said the shipping might be prohibitive. Find someone who want to take it to Europe and request the return box and send it from an European address. Check the country, as it's likely you need to send it from a country where the Touchpad did officially sell.
  4.    #4  
    Well surprisingly HP is taking care of it. I got a call from their corporate customer support today and they are replacing the device, shipping the replacement as soon as I provide a tracking number. I could see this being a legitimate issue if I had purchased the device overseas, but since is was purchased through Onsale, and probably provided to Onsale by HP, I'm glad they are taking care of it without to much hassle.
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    Had the same issue with Asian and USA devices. Asia wouldn't service a US Touchpad. Escalated across several supervisors, all tried to help, but no go.
    In your case HP Europe will service your device, but as said the shipping might be prohibitive. Find someone who want to take it to Europe and request the return box and send it from an European address. Check the country, as it's likely you need to send it from a country where the Touchpad did officially sell.
    From what I've read, people in Europe need to send their Touchpad to HP in Hungary as that is where the European Touchpads are being repaired.