Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By johncc
  • 1 Post By fxspec06
  1.    #1  
    Well as the title suggests my school's computer lab has a picture of the illustrious 7 inch touchpad go on the wall. Has anyone else ever seen something similar to this?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/01/2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: clarified title
    <title updated to clarify>
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Is this a poster on the wall or what?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri86 View Post
    Is this a poster on the wall or what?
    A laminated picture of a touchpad go on the walls. It even has the same icons as on the regular touchpad except on the main screen.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Could we get a pic?
    There was a picture of a Go on the front page of webOS Nation a couple of months ago, should I start a thread about that? Maybe not.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    There was a picture of a Go on the front page of webOS Nation a couple of months ago, should I start a thread about that? Maybe not.
    well considering everyone has a phone with a camera, a picture would have been nice. Especially since he did go thru the trouble of making the thread in the first place .
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    well considering everyone has a phone with a camera, a picture would have been nice. Especially since he did go thru the trouble of making the thread in the first place .
    Not suggesting he shouldn't have posted a picture, rather that it was not worth a thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Not suggesting he shouldn't have posted a picture, rather that it was not worth a thread.
    They asked a question. Everybody else turned it into a discussion on the merits of pictures. Where else should you ask a question? I would like to know in the event I have one.
    you can understand people wanting pictures tho, its only natural, its like saying you saw a yeti but just couldnt bring yourself to film/picture it (and if you did picture it, youd need a 50 year old shakey, blurred, black and white camera)
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    you can understand people wanting pictures tho, its only natural, its like saying you saw a yeti but just couldnt bring yourself to film/picture it (and if you did picture it, youd need a 50 year old shakey, blurred, black and white camera)
    i saw a yeti once. he was holding a touchpad go, actually... i took out my canon 1945 B&W but i tripped and broke the lense just before i was about to take the shot. scared the sucker away =\
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

marcedhk likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Whether or not he could have used that phone at school is another story though. We don't know how old he is, so we don't know if he's talking college, high, middle, or elementary school. Down here, cell phones are not allowed to be used or seen in school, that includes elementary, middle, and high schools. Of course, I don't know what the policies are for wherever he lives, but they are likely similar.

So asking for a pic may have required him taking a chance being caught breaking policy.
    what's the argument here...the tp go didn't happen...hp cancelled everything.

;-/
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    If we are getting worked up about this stuff, the guardian used a picture of a palm fairy in an article last week.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
  16.    #16  
    We can't pull out phones or cameras at my school. I might be able to get a video with my helmet/spy cam. No promises through since I'd have to have it on and be near the lab... Maybe i can do it after school. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by psgchisolm View Post
    We can't pull out phones or cameras at my school. I might be able to get a video with my helmet/spy cam. No promises through since I'd have to have it on and be near the lab... Maybe i can do it after school. We'll see.
    Don't get yourself in trouble just because of this thread. It's not worth it.

It would be interesting of you could take a good look at it and see if you could find any reference to HP or Palm on it that are not part of the artwork. Copyright marks or even a Printed in China. That might tell us if it is just something that someone made it because they thought it would look good on the wall or if it was part of something else.
    If you can't take a picture, don't do that. No need to risk getting in trouble.

How do you know it's a Go?
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright