Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    My TP has been randomly rebooting itself today. This occurs both while it is on and I am running programs or not, and also while it is off. The HP logo just pops up and it reboots. Some times my custom wallpaper has been replaced by the default one. Sometimes not. Very strange. Anyone else have this issue?
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    My TP has been randomly rebooting itself today. This occurs both while it is on and I am running programs or not, and also while it is off. The HP logo just pops up and it reboots. Some times my custom wallpaper has been replaced by the default one. Sometimes not. Very strange. Anyone else have this issue?
    Yes. It's happened to me a couple of times since updating to 3.05
    Similar situation here. I have a dual boot system; webOS 3.0.5 & ICS Alpha 2.0. When placed on the Touchstone charger in ICS, it will reboot and be in webOS. This has happened several times.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    I wonder *IF* this has to do with me running the TP at 1.7Ghz, with the new UK that supports 1.7Ghz.

Downshifting to 1.5Ghz, and seeing if that stops the problem.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    Could be a critical service crashing out, thus causing a luna reset. Not really a new issue. Take not of any patches, themes, and kernels you have installed and remove them all. Let the device be for a day on this before re installing them. My Pre2 had this a few times to which just re installing the patches fixed it up.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....