Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I'm at a loss here. I was getting a little tired of CM9 as its not quite stable yet. So i thought I would go back to to webOS for a while. So I did the ACME uninstall and all went fine. I decided I just wanted to do a clean install of webOS so I doctored it to 3.05. That all went well but nor here is the problem. When I plug in the USB drive Windows says the drive needs to be formatted. What? For some reason something got screwed up and I don't understand it. Why cant windows read the the USB drive and why is it asking me to format it?
    Sounds like the USB partition did not get remounted after the CM9 uninstall. Install Tailor on your touchpad and have it check the file system for the USB partition. Also see if the android partitions are still there and needs to be purged. Also this app can unmount/remount partitions. Get it via preware or quick install.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Sounds like the USB partition did not get remounted after the CM9 uninstall. Install Tailor on your touchpad and have it check the file system for the USB partition. Also see if the android partitions are still there and needs to be purged. Also this app can unmount/remount partitions. Get it via preware or quick install.
    Thanks for the quick response. I'll let you know what i find out. Just figured doctoring it would make it clean.
  4.    #4  
    There is no "tailor" in Preware or quick install
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmytvc15 View Post
    There is no "tailor" in Preware or quick install
    It's due to the app being in the testing feeds still. Check this wiki out on how to add the testing feed to preware.

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

Also have to say with your current issue it is a high chance that you will be loosing all your USB data on the device, kinda moot since you cannot access it in short of metadoctor but just want to set the expectations at this point.

6.    #6  
    this is going to be more trouble than its worth. There was a reason I installed cm9 on it lol
  7.    #7  
    frick all that
    this is going to be more trouble than its worth. There was a reason I installed cm9 on it lol
    Just getting preware set is the only part with effort, rest is just hitting GUI buttons in the Tailor app. We can walk you through the app in case too.

9.    #9  
    Just ran the Acme unistaller again. I'm going to re doctor it one more time. If it still has problems after that I'll come back here.
  10.    #10  
    crap...same thing...arghh
  11.    #11  
    Gain access to the Linux command line on your device and run the following two commands.

With what?
  12.    #12  
    Whats funny is i can install GoAruna file manager and open local files so the touchpad can see the USB drive but Windows is asking me to format the drive.
    Whats funny is i can install GoAruna file manager and open local files so the touchpad can see the USB drive but Windows is asking me to format the drive.
    Curious but have but tried on another PC?

Gain access to the Linux command line on your device and run the following two commands.

With what?
    At this point you should not have to access terminal. I have never had the need when using tailor to nuke and resisze partitions.

15.    #15  
    Curious but have but tried on another PC?
    Just tried it on another laptop and i get the same thing.
  16.    #16  
    At this point you should not have to access terminal. I have never had the need when using tailor to nuke and resisze partitions.
    Well from that wiki I don't have a clue what to do.
    My bad you do have to access terminal to setup the beta feeds in preware, done intentionally to scare people and is at your own risk . This can be done through novaterm which is installed on your PC when you have the webOS doctor or SDK installed already.

First you need to put your device in dev mode. Then connect the touchpad to the computer, DONT PUT IT IN USB DRIVE MODE! Then on your PC open command or Terminal on Macs. In the prompt, type in "novaterm" and hit enter, minus the quotes. You should see root@"device name":/# appear.

Then you will input this command there and hit enter:

mkdir -p /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.preware
    Then you will input this command next:

touch /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.preware/enable-beta-feeds
    You can copy/paste these commands too if you're worried about syntax. Reboot the device and let us know once this is done. When you go into preware afterwards, the webos internals beta feeds should be there. Also considering your levels, best to stick with just using Talior app in those fields to get past your problem.

18.    #18  
    this aint working....novaterm is nowhere to be found on my computer. Yes I did install webos...i even did a search for novaterm and its not on my computer
  19.    #19  
    Help!! My touchpad is useless if I can't access the the USB drive. Anybody? I'm desperate here. I did a google search and unfortunately this thread was the first one that popped up haha. Did a complete ACMEinstall and uninstall and then a complete doctoring. Hook it up via USB and I get "please format the drive". Tried it on 2 computers, one 32bit one 64bit.
    this aint working....novaterm is nowhere to be found on my computer. Yes I did install webos...i even did a search for novaterm and its not on my computer
    It not neccessarily an app. Novaterm is the concept of accessing root of your touchpad. You access novaterm by opening a command prompt in widows (Start->Run then input CMD) or terminal in MAC (open applications -> Utilities ->select terminal. Once you have the command prompt or terminal open, input the commands above to get preware beta feeds for the tailor app.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast