Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel0376 View Post
    For anybody out there that needs the fix for getting the drive to recognize in windows, the way to resolve is below. This is to get past the mkfs.msdos message you receive about it being a mounted file system. You first have to unmount the device, run the command, mount and reboot.

Ensure the TP is in Developer Mode. Connect the TP to the computer using the usb cable but don't enter USB Mode on the TP. On your computer, Open Novaterm and enter the four commands below (on mine, I was able to open novaterm by going to C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\Terminal\ and double clicking Novaterm.bat. If opening that way, you'll have to click File->Connect in the Novaterm window. A window will launch asking you to confirm the TP device. Just click OK.. If you've done it correctly, you should be at a command prompt showing root@Touchpadname: / #):
    umount /dev/mapper/store-media
    mkfs.msdos /dev/mapper/store-media
    mount /dev/mapper/store-media
    reboot
    It will take between 5-10 minutes for the TP to reboot, so don't panic at the longer reboot. You'll notice that the HP logo will start the standard brightening/dimming on the screen. When it comes back up, you will be able to enter USB mode on your TP and browse the drive using windows.

Rb0376
    Thanks, this allowed my windows7 pc to see touchpad as usb device again.
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Ahhhhhh crap thats why I was hesitant with Widows formating the drive, the doctor is now hanging on the USB partition.

That arithmetic error is a pain to deal with, stupid windows, so in cmd type in:

This will give you root access to your touchpad and not get that arithmetic error. Afterwards do follow the steps in that post.

Make sure the novacomm stuff in in your C:\program files\palm\sdk\bin directory just in case.
    Im confused at how to get passed the arithmetic error. When i "continue passed the errors in novaterm i get a "cannot connect to the server" prompt. and when i go to "Start" > CMD > novacom -t open tty:// i receive a "'novacom' is not recognized as an internal or external command" What cmd are you entering this command into? thank you for any assistance
    Quote Originally Posted by Etudahart View Post
    Im confused at how to get passed the arithmetic error. When i "continue passed the errors in novaterm i get a "cannot connect to the server" prompt. and when i go to "Start" > CMD > novacom -t open tty:// i receive a "'novacom' is not recognized as an internal or external command" What cmd are you entering this command into? thank you for any assistance
    You need to 'cd' to the Novacom installation directory (mentioned in your quote). Typing 'novacom' directly is only valid if it's in your PATH, and that's done automatically only with the webOS SDK.

BTW, has anyone tried to fs-ck instead of mkdosfs? And also, doing the above in a live environment is not recommended. Boot into the installer ramdisk and do it fro there instead.
    Hello,

I've tried

umount /dev/mapper/store-media
    And got :
    umount: can't umount /media/internal: Device or resource busy
    I did reboot the Touchpad, it's not connected in USB mode.
    Do you have any idea how I could solve this issue ?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
    Seb
    Obviously you should not be trying to do that while the system is booted. Reboot to the installer ramdisk and try again. You may want to use SCP/SFTP to copy out files from /media/internal if your TP can still read from the partition, before formatting..
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Obviously you should not be trying to do that while the system is booted. Reboot to the installer ramdisk and try again. You may want to use SCP/SFTP to copy out files from /media/internal if your TP can still read from the partition, before formatting..
    I will make a backup. Then do it again in a low level.
    I wasn't aware of the partition format.
    I believe I will have issue with Android then :-(
    Anyway Thank You.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123