Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Do you drain your Touchpad battery completely before charging? I was told that I should occasionally drain the battery & then fully charge it to extend the battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevent View Post
    Do you drain your Touchpad battery completely before charging? I was told that I should occasionally drain the battery & then fully charge it to extend the battery life.
    Absolutely not!

That is actually bad practice that causes premature wear on the battery. Charging between the 30%-70% of battery is ideal. Also letting the battery completely discharge has been known to cause the device to never wake up without creative solutions done.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Yes.. with the older Ni-Cad batts, a deep discharge was often used to try to combat the dreaded 'memory effect'..
    This is not 'required' with Lithium Batts, such as in the TP.
    The overall life of these batts is related to the total number of chrage/discharge cycles.. it probably goes into many hundreds.
    So, a 40% discharge then recharge in a session one day.. and another the same the next day, is equivalent to one single 80% dischrge then recharge in the same day/session.

I hope that is clearish & helps?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 03/01/2012 at 03:05 PM.