1.    #1  
    This morning I was greeted with a nasty surprise. My TP has a couple cracks, one on the micro USB slot, on the bottom, the other on the bottom left speaker(in portrait mode). I'm worried, because if the cracks spread, they could meet and cause severe complications. Are cracks covered by HP's 90 day warranty? This is a firesale TP, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by katemonster33 View Post
    This morning I was greeted with a nasty surprise. My TP has a couple cracks, one on the micro USB slot, on the bottom, the other on the bottom left speaker(in portrait mode). I'm worried, because if the cracks spread, they could meet and cause severe complications. Are cracks covered by HP's 90 day warranty? This is a firesale TP, by the way.
    They are covered by a 1 year warranty.
    There's a lot to read here on it. Search, read, and pick your favorite medicine.
    You plug your phone in?
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by katemonster33 View Post
    Cracks are covered by the warranty as long as the crack was not caused by the device being dropped or a significant impact to the screen, bezel, or housing (but not limited to).

Your best option is to contact HP support and advise the agent of the issue, they can cover your warranty and your repair options with you.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I had the same issue with my TP. I had a crack from the speaker to the screen. I called HP support and they are sending me a box to send it in for repair. They said they will replace the back with stronger plastic.
    You will use that warranty more than once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface View Post
    You will use that warranty more than once.
    ...until it runs out I'm afraid. Just had to go through same process and when HP bought out Palm I still had a bad taste left from the time I had to deal with my HP TX1000 tablet pc because of manufacturing defect on the MB that Nvidia had a recall for but HP didn't want to pass on the customer. Laptop start having the wireless disappearing one week after my standard warranty was out. Anyway since then I tried to fix it myself and got it up working but still have to do more work and haven't had time to do so. And this was and is product they still make.
    They did a good job of fixing mine. No new cracks yet. Well its only been a couple of weeks so we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmytvc15 View Post
    They did a good job of fixing mine. No new cracks yet. Well its only been a couple of weeks so we'll see.
    It took 6 months for my legendary crack to appear after heavy use and I just used epoxy to seal it up
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    ah the yeh olde cracking issue. Got a nice big hole into the side of my tp near one of the speakers myself. Just haven't been able to deal with sending it in yet mostly due to my health issues atm.
    My TP also developed a cracks around the headphone jack. I will be contacting HP for warranty service. I have preware on mine should I wipe it out first before sending it for warranty?