Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey,

First off thanks for viewing and trying to help. I created this because I can't find an answer to my problem. I have looked through forums, etc and have called the helpline at HP but they were going to charge me to try to fix it because it was out of the 90 day warranty however it still had 173 days left on a different warranty? I didn't understand, but they were not going to guarantee they could fix it so I said I would call back.

Here is my problem.

Touchpad won't turn on!

1. I turn on my touchpad
    2. The black screen goes a little lighter and the hp logo appears in the middle
    3. The screen gets a little lighter (how it does when it turns on) and the hp logo is still on in the middle
    4. After 10 seconds, the screen turns totally black
    5. The whole process is repeated
    6. and it keeps going and going and going

I have tried to reset by holding both buttons
    I have tried to hold the top button and pressing the bottom button 10 times, then 15 times
    I have tried holding the buttons and the volume buttons
    When I plug it in, the picture of the electric cord shows up on the touchpad
    The bottom button lights up white

can anybody help me?

Thank you so much in advance
  2.    #2  
    Hey,

First off thanks for viewing and trying to help. I created this because I can't find an answer to my problem. I have looked through forums, etc and have called the helpline at HP but they were going to charge me to try to fix it because it was out of the 90 day warranty however it still had 173 days left on a different warranty? I didn't understand, but they were not going to guarantee they could fix it so I said I would call back.

Here is my problem.

Touchpad won't turn on!

1. I turn on my touchpad
    3. The screen gets a little lighter (how it does when it turns on) and the hp logo is still on in the middle

I have tried to hold the top button and pressing the bottom button 10 times, then 15 times

can anybody help me?

The Electric Cord Pic is called "No Power"...

Perhaps it is correct?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 02/28/2012 at 05:57 PM.
    Sounds like it's boot looping, not dead.

Check out the instructions in this thread and webdoctor the device at 3.0.5. Should fix it right up

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html
    plug it in over night then try the hold power button volume up button and home button at the same time while plugged into your computer with USB cable. Tpad should boot into doctor mode so you can doctor it. This is the first thing I would try.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    if the power pack is bad which could be your issue , grab the power charger on both ends and turning counterclockwise untwist it and twist is back together . It sometime gets a bad connection. If it still does not charge try replacing the cable first , if not , you will need a power pack. HP will replace them if you call them and ask . A good test is to use any other USB charger for a quick test to see if Tpad will boot up after about 30 min.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by tobiastorgenson View Post
    Hey,

The touchpad comes with 1 year hardware warranty and 90 days phone support. After that 90 days, phone support will charge you 14.95 that is good for 10 days of phone support. That charge will not happen if the device leads to a repair.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Here is my problem.

Touchpad won't turn on!

1. I turn on my touchpad

can anybody help me?

Good news the device aint dead but stuck on something. With the bottom button lighting up when the charger is in means it is receiving appropriate charge. Can you put the device in recovery mode? First let the screen die off from that cord logo you have and then hold the power and up volume button simultaneously and then while doing that insert the charger into the device. Do you get a USB logo on the screen? If so, just run the doctor while the device is in recovery mode.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    if you get the the plug in power symbol when it tries to turn on, it isn't charging and you may just have a bad charging powerpack . This should have been checked during phone support .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Always check to see that the power cord assembly is not loose. It is two parts where it plugs into the wall and you can take it apart by turning it. Mine wouldn't charge and that was the problem
  11.    #11  
    update----

first thank you so much for everybody for replying to this thread, i truly appreciate it.

I am going to try some of the ideas you have posted today.

I was wrong though, there is no plug symbol on the screen when I plug it in

Also, the home button is not lighting up

However, I do think the power cord is working because it can be completely dead and then I plug it in and it starts its "cycle"
  12.    #12  
    update----

first thank you so much for everybody for replying to this thread, i truly appreciate it.

I am going to try some of the ideas you have posted today.

I was wrong though, there is no plug symbol on the screen when I plug it in

Also, the home button is not lighting up

However, I do think the power cord is working because it can be completely dead and then I plug it in and it starts its "cycle"
  13.    #13  
    update 2-----

I just switched outlets and tried the holding up volume and power key while plugging in (did not work on a different outlet, just was cycling)

and now I have the usb logo lit up on the screen, any idea as what to do next? it is just stuck here
  14.    #14  
    update 2-----

I just switched outlets and tried the holding up volume and power key while plugging in (did not work on a different outlet, just was cycling)

and now I have the usb logo lit up on the screen, any idea as what to do next? it is just stuck here
  15.    #15  
    update 3 ----
    can't get anything to work
    can't sign in to dl web os doctor
    web os doctor won't download from wiki web os page

For Sale 16gb barely used touchpad - works but wont turn on
  16.    #16  
    update 3 ----
    can't get anything to work
    can't sign in to dl web os doctor
    web os doctor won't download from wiki web os page

For Sale 16gb barely used touchpad - works but wont turn on
    download webos doctor 3.0.5 here:

http://ws.hpwebos.com/webosdoctor/webosdoctor.htm?
    Sounds like you may have a kernel issue. See if your computer recognizes the TP when it is plugged in. If it does, try webOS quick installer to see if you can replace the kernel. If that doesn't work, I believe you can Dr it from wosqi, though others might be able to help more there.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    update 2-----

Download the webos doctor to your pc, not the touchpad.run it on the pc plug in your touchpad when the doctor tells you to do it. mske sure you get the TP to show a USB symbol first(bootie)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
  20.    #20  
    Thank you, when I go to the link and click touchpad it asks me to sign in to my webOS account, the problem is I don't remember ever creating one and I cant find a place on the site to create one?

I did download one from the webos wiki page but its a rar file with many files in it and i dont know what to click to make it run?

i'm sorry i'm not very tech savy, so thank you again for all your help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast