Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Didn't you have one made when your touchpad worked?

In any event, try this one, I think it's direct.

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...hstnhwifi.jnlp
    It sounds like you need a hard reboot. Press the home button (the one on top) and the power button and just hold
    them together until it restarts. Make sure it's plug in.
    When I said, the button on top, I mean the one on the front of the touch pad that's lit up and the power button.
    all you have to to to download the doctor is click on the link in my signature , you will find any doctor you need in there but look for the 3.0.5 for the touchpad lol then get your touchpad to have that usb symbol on again and run the doctor on your computer. click through the doctor program until it tells you to plug in the touchpad . bamm done!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    why wont the doctor download from the wiki page? i dont get it ? do you have some virus protection you need to turn off or something ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    You can use the HP Touchpad live chat after your 90 days are up, it's free.
    Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) - Contact us for support via Live Chat

You said it is still under warranty if it needs to be sent in to HP repair they should be able to tell you.
    I am on the phone with the exact issue.

I am getting a charger first, then if not a box sent for the unit to be repaired.

I do not want to send the unit back since it is dead and I cannot remove my data or unlink my accounts. I have heard horror stories of them sending you a refurbished and then fixing the one you have and shipping to someone else. They assured me HP repairs and gives you back your product, but how do you really know? I mean it is easier to just send out an already refurbed unit. Same as where I work at the college, your computer gets a virus we reimage your computer. We don't waste time trying to get rid of the virus.
  8.    #28  
    UPDATE

Thank you so much everybody.

I was able to talk to customer support via the chat help. I talked to a couple of different people a couple different times and they were very friendly and helpful, although I had to answer questions many times and repeat information and they couldn't exactly tell me what to do.

They told me to try everything you guys said. The first helper said we would try webOs doctor fix but the second one said they are sending me a box to be sent back and fixed and / or send be back a fixed one. I don't have any choice but to do this. Nothing else has worked and its under warranty still so I am going to do it

I will update this post when I get any new information. Thanks to everybody who posted. I have thanked all of you!
  9.    #29  
    UPDATE

Thank you so much everybody.

I was able to talk to customer support via the chat help. I talked to a couple of different people a couple different times and they were very friendly and helpful, although I had to answer questions many times and repeat information and they couldn't exactly tell me what to do.

They told me to try everything you guys said. The first helper said we would try webOs doctor fix but the second one said they are sending me a box to be sent back and fixed and / or send be back a fixed one. I don't have any choice but to do this. Nothing else has worked and its under warranty still so I am going to do it

I will update this post when I get any new information. Thanks to everybody who posted. I have thanked all of you!
    This happened to me one time when I had android installed and I tried to update to 3.05 while still having android installed. It would just loop boot. Only way I fixed it was to doctor it, then uninstall Android, then update to 3.05. However if you see my other thread i have bigger problems. I'm very close to being bricked.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    all you have to to to download the doctor is click on the link in my signature , you will find any doctor you need in there but look for the 3.0.5 for the touchpad lol then get your touchpad to have that usb symbol on again and run the doctor on your computer. click through the doctor program until it tells you to plug in the touchpad . bamm done!!
    @Shadavis08 - Just some information for you

I went to that page to dl the doctor and the first time it wouldn't start downloading. My downloader popped up but it just never started. The second time, it started downloading but I had to keep pausing it and restarting it in order for it to download. It would stop otherwise. The third time it said it would take 16 hours to download.

I know it isn't a problem with my internet because I have been downloading files larger than it before and after it. (I had to download it again after I deleted it and in order to dl it I had to do the pause/start method again)

When I finally did get it downloaded, it is a .rar file and I do not know what to open in order for it to run, because there are many files, any advice?

There are three folders inside - resources, META-INF and com. each has more files or .pngs, etc inside of it and I don't know which one to "run"?

I would like to try the doctor before I send it in to be fixed
    <<threads merged>>

Please don't cross-post threads in the forums
    webOS doctor won't work unless you have certain things installed on your computer . http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v4-4-0-a.html
    go to that link and follow those directions for webOS quickinstall if you have not already . That .rar file or doctor file is just a file you double click to run like any other program . After it starts just follow directions . If it won't start try downloading again from a different computer maybe . Idk what's wrong if it won't download??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12