Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Just saw this video in my Youtube feed advertising an app for the iPad, it shows how Natasha Bedingfield warms up for her concerts using an iPad, but at 0:17 seconds you see her happily flashing a TouchPad, or so it seems to me... The rounded glossy plastic corners, the light strip on the left... Have a look!

I think it's hilarious that the video is advertising an iPad app but she gleefully flashes a TouchPad...
    are you sure, the app mentioned doesnt exist on webOS.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    At 17 seconds in.... Isn't that it?

no idea, if it is, its been androidfied as we dont have that app, unless its unavailable in the UK/etc.
    It doesn't necessarily have to be an actual app in the video. Looks like it is have simply held up the device with that image (picture) the screen.

If you look at the bottom of the image on it's screen, you will see the controls from the Photo's app displayed on that bar.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/25/2012 at 04:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Either way, it's still funny that the video is advertising an iPad app and the TouchPad pops up!
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    to many i suppose any old tablet shaped piece of kit is an ipad.
    LOL... kinda like calling every brand of 'flying disc' a "frisbee". That name (iPad in this case) seems to encompass all tablets to some people. That name is the 'frisbee' name of the tablet world.

Nice catch OP! Very funny "oops" moment for the commercial!
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Heheh, cheers, I almost ignored it, then I thought "waaaaiiiiit a minute!" Went back it there it was!
    looks Androidy to me
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Sure appears to be our beloved TouchPad.
    who?
    SnotBoogie likes this.
    "International Superstar?"

Never heard of her.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    At 17 seconds in.... Isn't that it?

Click to view quoted image
    my guess it's it's a version of the software for webos that was never released.

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3062619
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Its a pre-release of Windows 8 running on a TouchPad using the iOS emulator. You can tell by the status ribbon on the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Just saw this video in my Youtube feed advertising an app for the iPad, it shows how Natasha Bedingfield warms up for her concerts using an iPad, but at 0:17 seconds you see her happily flashing a TouchPad, or so it seems to me... The rounded glossy plastic corners, the light strip on the left... Have a look!

I think it's hilarious that the video is advertising an iPad app but she gleefully flashes a TouchPad...

It does look like a TouchPad to me as well. The thing is this app was supposed to be a TouchPad exclusive for a couple months, then eventually get released for iOS. Unfortunately the TouchPad got discontinued like 2 weeks later & I guess they decided to just release it on iOS.

Here is the post from VocalizeU's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/VocalizeUAp...49025888458212

and here's a screen shot:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    W00sh likes this.
    Last edited by Pilotovef; 02/26/2012 at 03:03 AM.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    This whole story reminds me of the colossal disappointment I felt the day Leo "killed" webOS and what could've been. No wonder I stayed away from here so long, the pain is still so fresh...

Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    It does look like a TouchPad to me as well. The thing is this app was supposed to be a TouchPad exclusive for a couple months, then eventually get released for iOS. Unfortunately the TouchPad got discontinued like 2 weeks later & I guess they decided to just release it on iOS.
    Wow. This whole thing with webOS and the Personal Systems Group has got to be one of the biggest corporate screw ups of all time. When I was studying business the big cautionary tale was New Coke. It'll be interesting to see in a few years whether this story gets added to the textbooks as well.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    "I got a gota a pocket full of touchpads"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast