1.    #1  
    guys check this ...
    Google Traduction

HP TouchPad used for Cesars (french Oscars) with webOS UI on screen !
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
    Nice to see, It probably doesn't mean much, probably just comes down to the digital artist they assigned to create the video being a fan of webOS. But it's nice to see nevertheless...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    Nice to see, It probably doesn't mean much, probably just comes down to the digital artist they assigned to create the video being a fan of webOS. But it's nice to see nevertheless...
    ya .. nice to see nevertheless...(sigh)
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
    Awww they covered up the HP logo on the back.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Awww they covered up the HP logo on the back.
    Normal, due to legal restrictions (french law strictly ban any logo from tv shows)
    The question is:

How did they get the screen to display like that?
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    The question is:

I was coming back to ask this. This isn't the first time a tablet as been used at an awards show. I've seen it before, but they were using it to reveal winners and then sometimes turning it around to the audience. The Cesars were able to project it from the touchpad to the video screen. I'm guessing was a wireless/bluetooth driver that allowed it, since there are some wireless projectors out on the market. I didn't think any of them worked with the touchpad tho. .
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    The question is:

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    The Cesars were able to project it from the touchpad to the video screen. I'm guessing was a wireless/bluetooth driver that allowed it, since there are some wireless projectors out on the market. I didn't think any of them worked with the touchpad tho. .
    I don't think they were projecting from the TP at all. Rather, it seems the video was edited together using graphics from the TP, and then the presenter was just pretending to be controlling it from the TP.
    Or they were doing it the way I do, using Splashtop to remote control a desktop pc

Sent from my HP Touch pad running Android and Tapatalk
    Haha, awesome. It's great to see the touchpad still getting use and publicity like that.