1.    #1  
    Hey guys, new here.. I have a question about WebOS and CM7. I browsed through some of the other threads and could not find anything to help me out, but please for give me if there is a thread already covering this topic. Thanks.

So here's the problem..

I bought a HP TouchPad on eBay and i just got it. It already has CM7 Alpha 3.0, Moboot, and Clockwork Recovery on it. I love it.. Works great, lots of apps, everything a savvy tech guy could want.. The only problem is, that when i boot into WebOS from Moboot, I can't log in to the TP because the guy that sold it to me has a pin-lock set on the WebOS log in screen.. I emailed the guy and asked him for the pin so i could unlock the device but it seems that he dosen't remember...

My question is.. Is it possible to do a complete reset/wipe of all WebOS data, from CM7 so i can get rid of the pin and access WebOS.. What i mean is, is it possible to completely wipe WebOS clean, without physically removing it from the TP, while being in CM7? I would like to see what WebOS is like but im locked out. The guys at andriod forum couldn't help me, and they directed me here..

Thanks for any help.. Again, sorry if i missed a thread already addressing the problem.
    You would need to download webOS Doctor from here

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

and follow the instructions here:

How To Recover - WebOS Internals

this will perform a factory reset of your device, but will let you start fresh.

You may lose the CM install, I can't remember off the top of my head, but in the event you do, there are a couple of guides on this site, on how to install it.

(power off your device, then power it on...hold down the volume up button, as soon as you notice the screen start to power up, to force your TouchPad into recovery mode. (giant USB symbol))
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    You might be able to install the "bypass PIN" or "disable lock screen" patches from WebOS Quick Install, rather than completely rebuilding the system.
    If webOS Quick Install sees it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    The obvious answer would be to ask the seller what the PIN is in a private message, but of course that would be way too obvious.

That being said, I would go with what these guys are saying. :P

Sent from my jailbroken iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Just a twentysomething enjoying his HP Touchpad. Oh crud, I just lost out on 20 bucks...where'd they go?!

Writer, student, furry in spare time. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by adreier View Post
    .......I can't log in to the TP because the guy that sold it to me has a pin-lock set on the WebOS log in screen.. I emailed the guy and asked him for the pin so i could unlock the device but it seems that he dosen't remember...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf Warrior View Post
    The obvious answer would be to ask the seller what the PIN is in a private message, but of course that would be way too obvious.

That being said, I would go with what these guys are saying. :P

They already tried the obvious answer
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    They already tried the obvious answer
    LOL. :P

I somehow overlooked that bit. My mistake. webOS is still uncharted territory to me because I got a Touchpad recently, but now I have to get it fixed soon because something (the battery, I assume) stopped working after one day. Talk about shirty luck.

Just a twentysomething enjoying his HP Touchpad. Oh crud, I just lost out on 20 bucks...where'd they go?!

Writer, student, furry in spare time. :3