1.    #1  
    does anyone have any suggestions other than touchplayer? it can barely handle a 720p video, and its not often we still watch videos in SD resolution. havent used kalemsoft because I do not want to pay 7 bucks for an app to watch videos that I can do on my other android tablet for free. but i like this tablet better.

i havent tried any others because i havent found many others. thanks in advance!
    Thats the problem Kalemsoft seems to be the only player that can handle high res video. I was forced into buying It to accompany touchplayer.
  3.    #3  
    That's unfortunately the truth i am arriving at.
    the cost of kalemsoft is worth it imo. i downloaded it and movies were up and running right away.
    I agree with arubalou. With the new update to kmp you can play files from your nas using bhome. So for the cost of some fast food for 1 day, you could play movies anywhere you go. It is worth the 6$ imo.
    Agreed with the two above, I have had kalemsoft since July and it is well worth the money.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  7.    #7  
    so are there any real other options?
    well KalemSoft just went on sale for 2.99 sooooo........
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    The KMP is awesome and for 3$ on sale worth it. Even at 6$ worth it.
    Kaleemsoft is the best app I've purchased yet. I was short on time one day and forgot to covert a movie before I left the house so I copied the actual .vob files from the DVD and Kaleem played it perfectly.

Of course an uncompressed movie can take up 4-8 gigs of space but it's awesome knowing that I could throw it on the TP on the go without converting it first.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    for $3 it is a no-brainer, especially considering how they are continuing to work on it and improve the player... Where as some other developers have abandoned webos and won't provide anymore updates.
  12.    #12  
    what do you guys make of the tons of negative feedback about crashing, AV not in sync, files not playing, lack of support from the developers?
    I have always received responses from the developer and have not experienced any of those issues.

A lot of folks that complain about non-response from developers (I am friends and follow more that a few) is because a negative review was left which the developer can't respond to. When actually contacting webOS developers I have always gotten a response.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Thanks for letting us know about the sale. I just bought the app and I am pretty impressed. Does it support hardware acceleration now?