Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    The files are in the ubuntu natty arm repository. I installed them on my TP's chroot, but didn't move them over to webOS as I felt that I didn't have enough knowledge of what I was doing and could break things. TP is working so well, I've been more cautious lately.
    Did that allow you to watch under Ubuntu?
    Did that allow you to watch under Ubuntu?
    No, I never had a working flash player on the chroot.
    all works in cm9 alpha2 but I hate android.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi-emu View Post
    all works in cm9 alpha2 but I hate android.....
    PlayOn works with Netflix, hulu, amazon vod, etc. with KalemSoft Media Player & BHomePro, or the stock browser (using flash). I am running PlayOn in a WinXp 64bit virtual machine that cannot run netflix, on my ubuntu HTPC that also cannot run netflix. A little pricey at $5/mo, $30/year, or $79 forever.

My current project is setting up a VPN to my home network, so I can stream media to the TP when I travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by stewperr View Post
    My prime instant video streaming is working just fine. Can others confirm that they can or cannot view vids on amazon. What specifically can you not view.
    Watching episode 1 of Downton Abbey right now via Amazon Prime stream.
    As previously mentioned, it works for certain shows/movies that apparently haven't (yet?) been converted to the new format that requires updated Flash and the access drm module. If that includes many of the ones you care about you're just lucky. Downtown Abbey just happens to be one that works. There are hundreds of shows that don't though, for example Star Trek TNG. It won't give you an error about Flash needing to be updated like the Playbook does, but will instead just sit there for a few minutes and then say "unable to connect."

I doubt Adobe has any interest in ever releasing an updated plugin for webOS (unless by some miracle they happen to be contractually obligated to do so, which seems unlikely). As such this might never be resolved until or unless someone can somehow get the Linux or Android plugin working on webOS, or devise a usable method of running a full Linux browser with Flash under webOS. Either would be very diffcult and time-consuming at best.

Or you could try to convince Amazon to turn the new DRM back off (fat chance).
    Quote Originally Posted by kmartind View Post
    As previously mentioned, it works for certain shows/movies that apparently haven't (yet?) been converted to the new format that requires updated Flash and the access drm module. If that includes many of the ones you care about you're just lucky. Downtown Abbey just happens to be one that works. There are hundreds of shows that don't though, for example Star Trek TNG. It won't give you an error about Flash needing to be updated like the Playbook does, but will instead just sit there for a few minutes and then say "unable to connect."

I doubt Adobe has any interest in ever releasing an updated plugin for webOS (unless by some miracle they happen to be contractually obligated to do so, which seems unlikely). As such this might never be resolved until or unless someone can somehow get the Linux or Android plugin working on webOS, or devise a usable method of running a full Linux browser with Flash under webOS. Either would be very diffcult and time-consuming at best.

Or you could try to convince Amazon to turn the new DRM back off (fat chance).
    I spent some time on the site today with a friend's prime account and this was my experience. Abbey worked and some movies --ie Black Beauty, Ken Burn's Baseball. Many other movies did not work.

Will be interesting to see if the linux kernel being released this month will help us.
    hmmn, thought a linux kernel might tie into being able to install a version of linux tha works on ARM and has capability to install browser version w flash working...
    As for me, i always use Roku2 to stream Amazon Instant Video. In addition, if you hope to copy or share your Amazon video purchases to anywhere, this Amazon video on demand DRM remover may benifit you.
    Last edited by Alaskaguy; 04/18/2012 at 03:52 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12