Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Can someone plz confirm this. I have had many issues with media indexer, even after doctoring the device my Touchpad would not detect the default 11 pictures. after a very vary lengthy process of eliminations and Full resets I found an image that will just jam the indexer for anything even if you initiate a screen capture.
    Can someone try it out and confirm, coz this is bugging me so much.
    if it works on other devices i'd list it as a bug.

BTW ONCE IT IS REMOVED EVERYTHING REVERTS BACK TO NORMAL, it just seems that the indexer jams while parsing the file.

My Device : 32GB Touchpad, WebOS 3.05

Simply place it on your usb partition [I am also interested if this occurs/ behaves differently when downloaded directly from the TP browser or Placed via USB]. When reporting back refer to whether it was via usb or not also if it was the one: directly downloaded as JPG, extracted from Zip , or extracted from RAR

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (211.1 KB, 24 views)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: zip 1.zip (408.1 KB, 5 views)
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Benjamin Franklin
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Come on people. I cant believe no one has tried it out. !!!
    as soon as you place it in your device, the indexer stops and any new items will not appear , similarly removed items remain. this occurs until the picture is removed. Then the device will index all the changes.
    Can Anyone confirm this !!!
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Benjamin Franklin
    Ill give this one a whirl. What is the exact name of the pic that shows up on the touchpad?
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I was able to reproduce the issue on my device, webOS no longer indexes any changes with that pic in play. Removing it out restored normalcy.

**update** I cut the resolution of this pic by half and now the touchpad likes it. No index fails. Trying to remember but I think this was one of the things that trips the USB indexing bugs on the touchpad.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 02/28/2012 at 12:42 PM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Very interesting, thanks to both of you for the information. Will be something to keep an eye on.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Ah if only we could debug the indexer.. I suspect we actually can with some effort.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Not sure whats happening but something seems to be affecting the Pre3 also. I had this problem a few days ago and couldnt figure it out. I eventually edited the new pics and saved/overwrite them. That did the trick. I thought then that it was related to the JPEG encoding (Progressive, Huffman...)?

I copied your attached (unzipped) pic via USB along w/ a few others and the indexer could not update. I got an endless animated spinner in the photo app. Things appeared normal again after deleting the pic and rebooting. I was able to run Photos and view pics. The other pics that were copied to the device were not updated. I edited and saved them but not only did it not work, but some of the newly edited pics are listed in the app w/o thumbnails - just a clear placeholder. Rebooted a few times w/o success.

If its the same in a day or two I may just trash the indexer DBs and allow them to rebuild.

I think that Assassin girl is cursed.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    I think that Assassin girl is cursed.
    That assassin woman got me through endless USB wipes and doctors, I even tried the HP help, and they were convinced that it was a faulty Touchpad....
    Quote Originally Posted by fahed2000 View Post
    That assassin woman got me through endless USB wipes and doctors...
    Come to think of it, she also got me through some tough times recently. And wipes were also involved (Doctors?? Time will tell).

Guess she's not that bad after all.
    I took a look at the file properties and saw the "Creation Software" of "ACD Systems" and I remember running across a similar thread about Media Indexer problems with photos that have any EXIF data items pertaining to "ACD Systems". The problem may be with the full name of the software, which comes out as "ACD Systems ͼ". Does the name read out as anything more intelligible on a Mac or Linux box (as I'm seeing this on an XP box)?
    Interesting! I'll look out for that in the future.

I wonder if that also applies to MP3s w/ album art? I've noticed on occasion that new tracks would interfere w/ the indexer and about 80% of 7+ GBs of MP3s are tagged w/ art.