Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    hey a quick inquiry if anyone could help me please. I'm a devoted Blackberry user although I now have a touchpad that I enjoy. I wanted it basically for the size, the deal and the quality of the OS. Now if anyone is familiar blackberry just upgraded the bridge feature that I use with my playbook. I hear stories of people using the bridge remote feature with PS3, xbox,'s and android tablets....was wondering if anyone tried or knew how to use this feature with the touchpad......just to answer some questions that may come, I'm not really interested in flashing android on the TP, I use it basically for browsing and watching videos, that's were the 10 inch has an advantage at home. I just want to connect the 2 devices and add some functionality. I am completely satisfied with my touchpad, but if anyone knew an easier way to get videos downloaded on her without connecting to a PC would help too. I do have kalemsoft.......
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Do you want to use your TP as a remote keyboard/trackpad like you can do with BBies now? That's not really an option with the TP for PS3s and other tablets although you can use Splashtop or ubuntu to do it with a PC as a remote access device. The BlackBerry remote feature is a very cool feature that nothing else really does yet. Yet being the key word, it's an awesome enough idea that I imagine most companies are planning to implement it.

For moving videos you can use WiFi Media Sync in the Catalog, the free wireless transfer app in PreWare, transmission in Ubuntu, or stream them through Kalem or Orb from your PC to your tablet, the fastest option is almost always USB though.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Thanks, I guess it was wishful thinking since the new update on my Blackberry I was hoping I could use that with my touchpad as well......But I am also glad to find out about the wifi media sync...that will be helpful. I really do enjoy the size of this touch pad its the right size for me browsing and video watching on the couch or in the bed. Thanks
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Don't forget that you can still sync your BB to your TP to receive calls and SMS messages on your tablet. The functionality of syncing with phones improves if you own a webOS phone like the Pre3 or Veer, but is still there with other devices. Simply open up the "Settings" panel in the launcher and everything to connect your phone is there.

Also, don't forget to install Preware onto your TP. It's a must do for every TP user, and really improves the functionality of the device. That will even let you install patches (OS modifications) to improve usability, new apps and more. You can even install an app that can let you transfer files over WiFi and a player that lets you play almost any video format.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxxberry View Post
    Thanks, I guess it was wishful thinking since the new update on my Blackberry I was hoping I could use that with my touchpad as well......But I am also glad to find out about the wifi media sync...that will be helpful. I really do enjoy the size of this touch pad its the right size for me browsing and video watching on the couch or in the bed. Thanks
    To be specific, at this time, the TouchPad lacks some BT profiles.

I don't know enough about how the blackberry setup actually functions, but if it shows the BB as a keyboard and mouse BT input, it is possible you could get the KB to work since the TouchPad wouldn't know the difference. I am guessing the BB setup is a lil more proprietary though.

As far as PS3 controllers and what not, the TP does not have the BT stacks needed to function in that manor. So any of the BB features that operate off that standard will not be present on the TP at this time.

Sorry if that isn't completely fluid, very tired this afternoon.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Yeah the TouchPad's Bluetooth stack right now is very limiting. I wish it had Blutooth DUN support so I could tether it to my BB to use its 3G access when I'm out of the house. Hopefully that will be resolvable once the WebOS kernel is released or Open WebOS itself is completed.
    No WiFi tether with BB?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I don't think Blackberries have a Mobile Hotspot feature yet, it's something I always missed when I used to use them.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Yeah unfortunately my BB a Tour 9630 doesn't even have WiFi. Even the newer Blackberries with WiFi still don't have the capability to tether over it. Not sure I would want to use WiFi anyways since its tends to drain phone batteries quickly. Bluetooth is a lot more efficient.
    From what I've heard BT tethering is less efficient, because you are transmitting at slower speeds.