Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    tried every damn thing/way to get some life into the touchpad----nada. so bloody frustrating...

here is what i did:

found this in touchpad's support forums :
    "Your tp is in a fake brick state - completely out of power. Do the following and it should come back!

1. use the good usb cable and charge that worked on your mother's tp.
    2. plug the charger/usb to your tp (very important).
    3. while the charger is plugged in, press and hold both home and power keys for at least 1 minute. If it does not turn on, release both, then press both for another 1 minute.
    4. if after 3 your tp still does not turn on, keep the charger plugged in, press home + power + volume up at the same time for 30 seconds; release, then press home + power for 1 minute. By now your tp should wake up and turn on."

it didnt work - all i get is the glowing hp logo...

ntx:

1. With the TP turned on, I used a trick I read about in which I held the Volume Up button and Power button simultaneously, while pushing the Home button over and over again until the TP shut down. This resulted in a shut down, without an immediate reboot (the Power + Home buttons being held simultaneously would cause an auto-reboot, not just a power down).

2. With the TP off, I inserted the USB power cord into the wall charger on one end and left the other end with no connection (i.e. don't plug it into the TP yet). Then, I held the Volume Up key on the TP while inserting the micro-USB end of the USB cable into the TP. This put the TP into USB mode.

3. I ran WebOS Doctor on my desktop. When prompted to plug the TP into the computer, I moved the USB end of the cord from the wall charger to a USB port on my desktop. LEAVE THE OTHER END PLUGGED INTO THE TP!!

4. WebOS Doctor did it's thing and I was able to sign into my Palm profile, re-download everything, etc.

It was a pain in the youknowwhat, but much better than not being able to use my TP.

I hope my hours of trial and error can help someone get their TP working much more quickly.

this gave me some hope - the usb mode came on and once the WebOS Doctor started to do its thing, it changed to a downward pointing arrow onto a chip like diagram; then i get a message saying that "your device will restart and you have to log in to hp with your credentials, blah blah - only thing was , touchpad restarts and stays with the hp logo glowing ominously!

tried it twice - same thing; charged it for a whole night and checked it again - nada!

i really need help

Ashok
    **Update** Could your try to run the 3.0.0 webOS doctor found here:

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...0hstnhwifi.jar

This WILL wipe out ALL data since its going to remake the partitions.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 02/22/2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Change of plans
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by akarri View Post
    tried every damn thing/way to get some life into the touchpad----nada. so bloody frustrating...

here is what i did:

found this in touchpad's support forums :
    "Your tp is in a fake brick state - completely out of power. Do the following and it should come back!

1. use the good usb cable and charge that worked on your mother's tp.
    2. plug the charger/usb to your tp (very important).
    3. while the charger is plugged in, press and hold both home and power keys for at least 1 minute. If it does not turn on, release both, then press both for another 1 minute.
    4. if after 3 your tp still does not turn on, keep the charger plugged in, press home + power + volume up at the same time for 30 seconds; release, then press home + power for 1 minute. By now your tp should wake up and turn on."

it didnt work - all i get is the glowing hp logo...

ntx:

1. With the TP turned on, I used a trick I read about in which I held the Volume Up button and Power button simultaneously, while pushing the Home button over and over again until the TP shut down. This resulted in a shut down, without an immediate reboot (the Power + Home buttons being held simultaneously would cause an auto-reboot, not just a power down).

2. With the TP off, I inserted the USB power cord into the wall charger on one end and left the other end with no connection (i.e. don't plug it into the TP yet). Then, I held the Volume Up key on the TP while inserting the micro-USB end of the USB cable into the TP. This put the TP into USB mode.

3. I ran WebOS Doctor on my desktop. When prompted to plug the TP into the computer, I moved the USB end of the cord from the wall charger to a USB port on my desktop. LEAVE THE OTHER END PLUGGED INTO THE TP!!

4. WebOS Doctor did it's thing and I was able to sign into my Palm profile, re-download everything, etc.

It was a pain in the youknowwhat, but much better than not being able to use my TP.

I hope my hours of trial and error can help someone get their TP working much more quickly.

this gave me some hope - the usb mode came on and once the WebOS Doctor started to do its thing, it changed to a downward pointing arrow onto a chip like diagram; then i get a message saying that "your device will restart and you have to log in to hp with your credentials, blah blah - only thing was , touchpad restarts and stays with the hp logo glowing ominously!

tried it twice - same thing; charged it for a whole night and checked it again - nada!

i really need help

Ashok
    Hi,

I had the same problem as you, but not because of the low power battery.
    Anyway; your first method did work and I could start my TP again.
    Did you manage to solve your problem?
    Actually, the first time setup on the TouchPad takes quite a long time, around 30 mins, IIRC. Just wait it out.