02/21/2012, 11:41 PM
tried every damn thing/way to get some life into the touchpad----nada. so bloody frustrating...
here is what i did:
found this in touchpad's support forums :
"Your tp is in a fake brick state - completely out of power. Do the following and it should come back!
1. use the good usb cable and charge that worked on your mother's tp.
2. plug the charger/usb to your tp (very important).
3. while the charger is plugged in, press and hold both home and power keys for at least 1 minute. If it does not turn on, release both, then press both for another 1 minute.
4. if after 3 your tp still does not turn on, keep the charger plugged in, press home + power + volume up at the same time for 30 seconds; release, then press home + power for 1 minute. By now your tp should wake up and turn on."
it didnt work - all i get is the glowing hp logo...
1. With the TP turned on, I used a trick I read about in which I held the Volume Up button and Power button simultaneously, while pushing the Home button over and over again until the TP shut down. This resulted in a shut down, without an immediate reboot (the Power + Home buttons being held simultaneously would cause an auto-reboot, not just a power down).
2. With the TP off, I inserted the USB power cord into the wall charger on one end and left the other end with no connection (i.e. don't plug it into the TP yet). Then, I held the Volume Up key on the TP while inserting the micro-USB end of the USB cable into the TP. This put the TP into USB mode.
3. I ran WebOS Doctor on my desktop. When prompted to plug the TP into the computer, I moved the USB end of the cord from the wall charger to a USB port on my desktop. LEAVE THE OTHER END PLUGGED INTO THE TP!!
4. WebOS Doctor did it's thing and I was able to sign into my Palm profile, re-download everything, etc.
It was a pain in the youknowwhat, but much better than not being able to use my TP.
I hope my hours of trial and error can help someone get their TP working much more quickly.
this gave me some hope - the usb mode came on and once the WebOS Doctor started to do its thing, it changed to a downward pointing arrow onto a chip like diagram; then i get a message saying that "your device will restart and you have to log in to hp with your credentials, blah blah - only thing was , touchpad restarts and stays with the hp logo glowing ominously!
tried it twice - same thing; charged it for a whole night and checked it again - nada!
i really need help