1.    #1  
    I have been suffering with a strange calendar issue on my touchpad since it was delivered just after launch day, and I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience it or can provide any advice. For a considerable time initially I just assumed my calendar wasn't syncing at all because I did not see any events in the calendar (in any of the views). But then something strange happened, I started to get reminders popping up 15 minutes before my events (which would be expected if my calendar was syning properly). The first time this happened, I thought maybe it had just initally taken a long time to sync, but unfortunately that wasn't the case - I still could not see any of the events in calendar view. I could however open the event i was being reminded of (from the actual reminder)? So ultimately the events are there but I simply cannot see them in the calendar. I've spoken to HP/Palm support on numerous occasions and they have been very nice, but not particularly helpful. I've tried removing all calendars and starting again, using google calendar sync (same issue) and even tried doctoring my device twice with no success.

I do have CM9 dual booting and the google calendar syncs fine, so there is something inherently linked to webos which I just can't work out. The last issue, which makes it even more frustrating is that my calendar's all sync and display fine on my pre 3 so its not simply a webos issue.

any help would be greatly appreciated
    I have had a similar, but different problem with the calendar. I tried several things, but my final solution is outlined here: I think I broke my calendar preferences acc.

However, another good option for you might be to do as addiarmadar suggests in this post: Doctored and restored from back, now two Palm Profiles in calendar. I would look up the account using Impostah and see if there is some clue to what might be wrong. You might even delete the account and start over again.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I'm having problems with Yahoo calendar sync. I thought it was working fine, but today I noticed that it didn't seem to be showing some events. I tried sync a couple of times - no problem indicated, but the TP wasn't picking up the missing events. I tried creating some new events in my Yahoo calendar - no good, TP didn't see them after sync. Then I tried re-entering my password in the TP calendar account settings and re-connecting. That worked - now the missing new events showed. Somehow the TP lost the account connection and wasn't aware of it or didn't mention it?? I also noticed that the TP wasn't picking up some repeating events that were added weeks ago, so I tried editing those events in the Yahoo calendar with "Apply to this and future events", which caused them to appear in the TP calendar after sync. Seems to be some reliability problems with the TP's calendar sync.

Also, I notice that AgendaZ running in Exhibit mode doesn't pick up calendar changes until I restart it by picking a different Exhibit mode app and then returning to AgendaZ.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I have problems with my Touchpad not displaying Google Calendar events on the correct days. Seems to be a problem with recurring events such as "3rd Friday" of each month. The Touchpad displays the events on the wrong days. I've decided I can't relay on the Touchpad for events so I just use my iPod Touch instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsman2 View Post
    I have problems with my Touchpad not displaying Google Calendar events on the correct days. Seems to be a problem with recurring events such as "3rd Friday" of each month. The Touchpad displays the events on the wrong days. I've decided I can't relay on the Touchpad for events so I just use my iPod Touch instead.
    I have not been able to reproduce this issue on my device. Can you give me the exact steps you do to create such events? Are they made on the device or google?
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    I'm having problems with Yahoo calendar sync. I thought it was working fine, but today I noticed that it didn't seem to be showing some events. I tried sync a couple of times - no problem indicated, but the TP wasn't picking up the missing events. I tried creating some new events in my Yahoo calendar - no good, TP didn't see them after sync. Then I tried re-entering my password in the TP calendar account settings and re-connecting. That worked - now the missing new events showed. Somehow the TP lost the account connection and wasn't aware of it or didn't mention it?? I also noticed that the TP wasn't picking up some repeating events that were added weeks ago, so I tried editing those events in the Yahoo calendar with "Apply to this and future events", which caused them to appear in the TP calendar after sync. Seems to be some reliability problems with the TP's calendar sync.

Also, I notice that AgendaZ running in Exhibit mode doesn't pick up calendar changes until I restart it by picking a different Exhibit mode app and then returning to AgendaZ.
    Might be some corruption in the touchpad database. Try to remove the yahoo account from the device via Accounts app, reboot the device, and then put it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    I have not been able to reproduce this issue on my device. Can you give me the exact steps you do to create such events? Are they made on the device or google?
    I noticed the same thing a few days ago. I had an event from Google calendar that was scheduled for the 3rd Sunday each month. I think it was showing up strangely on the TP so I tried to edit it and it insisted that it should be on Tuesdays.
    Quote Originally Posted by richsharman View Post
    I noticed the same thing a few days ago. I had an event from Google calendar that was scheduled for the 3rd Sunday each month. I think it was showing up strangely on the TP so I tried to edit it and it insisted that it should be on Tuesdays.
    I just put one of these in and could not reproduce the end result, showed properly on touchpad. What was imputed into that repeating event? :

Reminder?
    Notes/Desctription?
    Location?

Have you tried removing the google account from the accounts app on the device, reboot, and put it back in yet?

Make an event in Google Calendar that is for every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.my touchpad shows Saturday, Monday, Wednesday instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Make an event in Google Calendar that is for every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.my touchpad shows Saturday, Monday, Wednesday instead.
    Ok this tripped something for me.

Made these events on my device and their all in their right place but one week I got an extra event on a monday that should not be there.

1. Turning off the calendar for the google account and back on did nothing.

2. Reboot the device was a nogo.

3. Remove account and put it back in was also a nogo.

When I deleted the whole series from my device, it did also delete that extra event so it appears the calendar app is not properly reading the data for the event. Not going to bother with the erase at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    This sounds like your timezone on the device is not the same as on the google settings page.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Ok, this is getting really annoying. I've deleted and re-entered my Yahoo calendar account a couple of times in an attempt to fix missing appointments. By the next day most (but not all!) of the appointments are missing again in the TouchPad calendar. A Sync doesn't help. Now the TouchPad is unable to finish the operation of removing the account, so removing and re-adding doesn't seem to work, but after a re-boot most of the items come back - and some are duplicated! Obviously a bug has corrupted the TouchPad calendar database internally. How can I reset the calendar database completely?

I removed all the calendar accounts, re-booted, and re-added them again. For the moment the calendar entries are showing correctly - but now the TouchPad is doing a re-sync every 15 minutes or so, turning on the screen each time while it is sitting in the Touchstone charger. It wasn't doing that before! I can't find any setting to control the Calendar sync frequency.
    Last edited by Semma2; 02/27/2012 at 10:55 AM.
    The calendar is a lost cause on the Touchpad. I have accepted it and concentrated on Facebook, email, checking the weather app, and general Web browsing as my only useful applications. A calendar would have been nice.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.