Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I ran into a weird problem today. My Touchpad won't play any audio files that are stored locally. I have been troubleshooting this for a while, and of course the media volume isn't muted. I have also tried Pulse Audio Restarter and it didn't help. I will describe a few different scenarios that I ran into, and hopefully someone may be able to help me solve this problem.

- Trying to play locally stored mp3 files does not work in any apps with the exception of Kalemsoft Media Player. I don't know why, but the files that used to play won't play anymore. I have tried it in the Music app and Music Remix app and neither will play anything. When trying to play, the counter for the songs remain at 00:00. The odd thing is that all files play correctly in Kalemsoft Media Player without a problem.

- Trying to play downloaded podcasts through Video Catcher Deluxe. These don't work at all although I didn't have any problems before. It doesn't matter if I download or try to stream an mp3, it won't work. It does the same thing for vodcasts. Again the weird part is that, after downloading a file I can go over to Kalemsoft and play the file.

I know there is some type of problem with the apps trying to access the files, but I don't know what it could be or how extensive it is. The touchpad still has sound, Kalemsoft will play anything that the other apps won't play. If I go online and stream a video through YouTube or audio through Iheartradio.com the audio works no problem. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thank you!

Fej180
    I ran into problem like this a couple of days ago. Mp3 would not play it would just say 0 of 0 on the timeline. And some apps had no sound. The only thing that fixed it was rebooting. Its happened twice to me in the last month, can't figure out what causes it.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Well, that worked lol. I did a full reboot earlier and it didn't work but I did it again after you posted and now things seem to be fine. Thanks!