Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the HP touchpads will run Windows 8 when it is released? I have 3 TPs and love WebOS but seems like the app production is dying down and Apps like Time/People/SI are pulling the plug (heard Kindle App will be doing the same). Worried that we are truely seeing it die off. Web Browsing is OK but I would like more from the product.

At this point need to weigh my options. Best case would be WebOS takes off, 2nd would be W8 working, not an Android fan but I guess CM9 will be an option once it becomes stable.

What is everyone else doing/going to do if the features of WebOS keep falling off?

Has anyone heard rumors other then HP was testing W8?

How Stable is CM9? How hard is it to load?

Haven't done any homebrew stuff, would that make my experience much better?

Thanks in advance for any and all input...
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 02/21/2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: title clarification
    Does anyone know if the HP touchpads will run Windows 8 when it is released? I have 3 TPs and love WebOS but seems like the app production is dying down and Apps like Time/People/SI are pulling the plug (heard Kindle App will be doing the same). Worried that we are truely seeing it die off. Web Browsing is OK but I would like more from the product.

At this point need to weigh my options. Best case would be WebOS takes off, 2nd would be W8 working, not an Android fan but I guess CM9 will be an option once it becomes stable.

What is everyone else doing/going to do if the features of WebOS keep falling off?

Has anyone heard rumors other then HP was testing W8?

How Stable is CM9? How hard is it to load?

Haven't done any homebrew stuff, would that make my experience much better?

Thanks in advance for any and all input...
    No, the TP won't run Windows 8. Microsoft is using a secure boot loader for Win8 arm devices. I thought HP announced they are developing a windows 8 Slate, they have a windows 7 slate.

CM9 is pretty stable at alpha 0.6, though the CM team is recommending the use of nightly builds. Easy to load if you follow the guide in this forum.

Homebrew is awesome, if you aren't using it you are missing out.