1.    #1  
    I just picked up a second-hand 16GB Touchpad and am attempting to load PreWare. I've followed instructions but hit a wall.

After I enter the Konami code or the date code in "just type," I get an icon called "Developer Mode" (not "Developer Mode Enabler") in the "launch" field. When I tap it, nothing happens.

This Touchpad is updated to 3.0.5 and is dual-booting Cyanogen 9 with ICS, courtesy of the previous owner. I like WebOS and want to stick with it for now, but I need to get this figured out, can anyone help?

I've tried various searches across the forums here with no luck.

Thanks,

Rich
    When you tap it you should get a Developer Mode selection page. You might have to run the webOS Doctor to reload the operating system, although given the level of modification, it is probably in Developer Mode.
    Plug your TouchPad into your PC, run webOS Quick Install. If it connects with no error codes, Dev Mode is already enabled.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Guessing developer mode gets reset (turned off) when you load a new palm profile right?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Guessing developer mode gets reset (turned off) when you load a new palm profile right?
    Yep and anytime an erase is done to get to the new profile.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....