1.    #1  
    I have 2 touchpads one with Preware and homebrew apps one w/o. on both devices I am receiving email error code 3099. i have uninstalled the email account on the one w/ preware, shut down and reopened, tried to log email account again got error code 3010. this is cox email, i have tried all combinations of pop servers and all configurations of smtp servers

Any advice
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    I have 2 touchpads one with Preware and homebrew apps one w/o. on both devices I am receiving email error code 3099. i have uninstalled the email account on the one w/ preware, shut down and reopened, tried to log email account again got error code 3010. this is cox email, i have tried all combinations of pop servers and all configurations of smtp servers

Any advice
    I also have the email problem with Cox. I have 2 TP's ( both with preware) and one has worked flawlessly with Cox email for months. On 2/15 it stopped working. I deleted all accounts and tried to recreate them and tried all settings I use give the (Error code 3099: Connect failed (ETIMEDOUT) -- src/network/SocketConnection.cpp:184) or
    The other TP gives (Error code 4010: unable to get local issuer certificate)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcaz7 View Post
    I also have the email problem with Cox. I have 2 TP's ( both with preware) and one has worked flawlessly with Cox email for months. On 2/15 it stopped working. I deleted all accounts and tried to recreate them and tried all settings I use give the (Error code 3099: Connect failed (ETIMEDOUT) -- src/network/SocketConnection.cpp:184) or
    The other TP gives (Error code 4010: unable to get local issuer certificate)
    Got both working using these settings.

Account Type Protocol: POP
    Email Address: UserName@cox.net
    Incoming Mail Server: POP.COX.NET
    User Name: UserName (without the @cox.net)
    Password: Password
    Encryption: SSL
    Port:: 995

Outgoing Mail Server: SMTP.COX.NET
    Use Authentication: ON
    UserName: UserName (without the @cox.net)
    Encryption: SSL or TLS (both work for me)
    Port: 465 (for SSL) or 25 for TLS
  4.    #4  
    That worked fine for me
    I stopped receiving messages on my TP on Feb. 15th, too. I can send but not receive. I tried the info above but still getting the 3099 error. Even erased and rebooted. This is silly. Why did it suddenly stop working?
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyMir01 View Post
    I stopped receiving messages on my TP on Feb. 15th, too. I can send but not receive. I tried the info above but still getting the 3099 error. Even erased and rebooted. This is silly. Why did it suddenly stop working?
    I dont have cox but possible the cert for their servers may have been updated to a one not friendly to webOS. Just a theory...
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Previous posters to this thread have had the same issues with Cox but were able to get it working. I followed those steps with no luck. I guess I'll just have to call Cox. TP Support hasn't a clue. Oh, well.
    Called Cox and was advised that WebOS is no longer supported.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Apparently the Mail app in webOS 2.x and 3.x is missing some cypher so if server just offer one standard and its the one missing in webOS its a no go. Atleast thats the problem ive got, moving from a webOS 1.x device that worked perfect to a Pre3 and Touchpad that can't login to the mail server. Its the all these small glitches that make webOS a love hate relation.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Got my cox email to start working.
    change incoming encryption to none
    port 110
    take @cox.net off user name

change outgoing to none
    use authentication
    port 25

This will work.