Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Rotate the image in a photo editor and re-apply?
    yup just rotate them 90 degrees to the right
    The design is for a 16x9 display, should have been rotated properly. Ah well, find a computer and see. Thanks Sledge.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daughain View Post
    The design is for a 16x9 display, should have been rotated properly. Ah well, find a computer and see. Thanks Sledge.

nearly all the images are the same dimensions/size in both directions (and smaller than both the pre3 and touchpads max width or height), the image doesnt get stretched, its just centered, so shouldnt matter when rotated.

most are around 320x320....ish
    Last edited by geekpeter; 03/12/2012 at 02:10 PM.
    480x320 is the resolution you want for touchpad boot logos.
    nearly all the images are the same dimensions/size in both directions ([i]and smaller than both the pre3 and touchpads max width or height), the image doesnt get stretched, its just centered, so shouldnt matter when rotated.

most are around 320x320....ish
    The images I'm using were designed as background images, not TP/Phone bootlogos. Orientation makes a big difference.

6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobeer1315 View Post
    480x320 is the resolution you want for touchpad boot logos.
    for a stretched/scaled image perhaps, but for a centered/unstretched image which the bootlogos are, then you dont need to have any kind of special aspect ratio.

As long as your image width/height is smaller than the touchpad/pre device width/height then aspect ratio isnt an issue as the image will center perfectly, rotated or otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Version2 : Added a Touchpad bootlogo thats ONLY good if you have ever been an Amiga user in the past, if not then you wont have a clue why the 2nd bootimages would be mildly amusing.

if you havent been an Amiga user, then just pretend this post isnt here.
    I haven't seen a Guru Meditation is years... I still miss my amiga and workbench
    logo Pre 3 480x800
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lildun101 View Post
    Thats the one, but whats the \dir? Is there anyway to replace it?
    My understanding is that its 'wrapped' into the kernel and therefore not editable on device.
    You would need to remove it / replace it within a webosdoctor then doctor the device.

Would be happy to be proven wrong though.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12