1.    #1  
    My touchpad recently started acting up after I was trying to get a youtubeHD app. It may have been caused by that or trying the diagnostics tool but I am no longer sure.

What is happening is whenever I restart the device it returns to a "saved (locked) state" any files deleted come back, anything added goes away. I have tried using the doctor but it hangs at 12% (I have tried all the instructions for getting it past the 12% but can't get it). I have tried removing all patches through WOSQI but nothing seems to work.

I have tried all the different reset options but when it comes back on everything is still there.

Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas?

(this would be a great mode for a kids touchpad but I actually want to remove some stuff and put new stuff on mine)
    I read a post on here couple months ago where someone was having a similar problem. I don't remember where though. I think they did get it fixed in the end, so it should be worth the effort of you trying to find the thread

EDIT
    found the thread I was talking about, but no info on how he got it fixed - maybe send him a PM directly to ask

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-internals/309402-help-cant-doctor-erase-my-tp.html#post3273501
    Last edited by marcedhk; 02/17/2012 at 07:23 AM.
    I'm not understanding, if you haven't completed the doctor how are you adding/removing?

I am guessing you are mounting as a USB drive. If you are unable to boot to webOS I would suggest (which is what it sounds like) get the doctor issue handled before messing with the USB drive. The USB drive is sandboxed from the rest of the OS in a manor that changes made to the USB partition aren't going to fix your doctor issues.

Unless your USB drive is corrupt, but making it to 12% makes me think this is most likely not the case.

So others more experienced can help, please post exactly what you have done to try and fix the 12% issue. Just because you say you have tried all instructions you may have missed something that has worked for others, it would be helpful to have that information in the thread.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    I read a post on here couple months ago where someone was having a similar problem. I don't remember where though. I think they did get it fixed in the end, so it should be worth the effort of you trying to find the thread

EDIT
    found the thread I was talking about, but no info on how he got it fixed - maybe send him a PM directly to ask

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3273501
    That is the same issue I am having. Thanks for that. I have PM him and hope to hear back.

EDIT
    He comments here he sent it back and HP fixed it. Looks like I have my answer.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...nt-update.html
    Last edited by 5tring3r; 02/17/2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Found a post